Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the zpi crank pully. how ez is it to install?? any advice on the install??

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
well i dont know about this pulley. But some others have the perrin pulley and they say its is just a belt and a couple of bolts.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
From the reasearch that I have done, the ZPI pulley is like .3 pounds lighter or something.....They basically do the same thing. In theory, however, the ZPI pulley would make a better "gain". I have the Perrin pulley myself - and I'll tell you what, ANY aftermarket lightened crank pulley is better than stock.

As for install, use scionlife's tech article. The hardest part is the lower alternator bolt.

good luck and let us know!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Where the tech forum on there? I was told in another post to look there for L.E.D. wiring. I must be overlooking it. Help!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Rcurry23 said:
Where the tech forum on there? I was told in another post to look there for L.E.D. wiring. I must be overlooking it. Help!
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29238

The ZPI pulley's are very good.. they are just slightly lighter then the rest.. No matter which lightened pulley you go with, they well all help with faster revs.. It usually comes down to which pulley is cheaper, readily available and which brand you like..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Rcurry23 said:
ProshopXB, I was actually wondering where the tech was for this pulley install! But thanks, needed that one to.
Oppss... sorry... Thanks for the backup madmaxb... Now you have both Rcurry23 ..;)

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Anyone who asks me about getting more power out of the box, I tell them a lightened pulley will make a WORLD of difference.

You think the simpler of bolt-on's help?? Ha! I recommend anyone to the lightened pulleys first now.

In my opinion, they are the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the zpi pully is discontinued... zpi emailed me and told me this and said they would send me a perrin so I will update when i get it..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.