Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, with work being somewhat slow I have some free time to work on some of my projects. I've been playing around with CF and learning from my mistakes.

Well, here is a sample of my Original Rear Vent Visors in Silver CF to match my PW xB. Some minor flaws but nothing that can't be wet sanded out. Once wet sanded a clear coat will be applied.

Next will be a one-off Silver CF FFF.

Your comments would be great.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
im very interested to see how these will look and fit

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Not a CF fan, but I think it would sell well with the CF crowd. They look good though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looking nice....I would personally love to see your legend grow even further with black CF FFF.

ORATARO FFF'S = HANZO SWORDS

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm still in the learning process of CF making and learning quickly. But, before I sell anything in CF, I like to test my products for items such as fogging, UV testing and such.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
those looks good Ron!

im not a CF fan, but i think they would sell. :)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I'm still in the learning process of CF making and learning quickly. But, before I sell anything in CF, I like to test my products for items such as fogging, UV testing and such.
Where do you buy your raw carbon fiber cloth at for making these pieces? I've been thinking about trying to learn to do wet lay-ups with CF. Is the process pretty much similar to Fiberglass with epoxy? Do you have any links to articles on doing laying CF, I've only found ones for making sheets, but it's a start.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where do you buy your raw carbon fiber cloth at for making these pieces? I've been thinking about trying to learn to do wet lay-ups with CF. Is the process pretty much similar to Fiberglass with epoxy? Do you have any links to articles on doing laying CF, I've only found ones for making sheets, but it's a start.
I can get the bulk of my CF from one of my vendors. For smaller samples, I've just been buying it from eBay. In my case, I've been hand laying the CF into my mold. Beforehand, I made a plug that plugs into my mold so once the CF is laid up, I pop in the plug into my mold and it keeps in shape. Once cured, I pop out the plug and pull my part out. All that is required afterwards is trimming and sanding and clear coating.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Not a CF fan either, but they look like quality pieces.

And I have to agree with some of the other posts. I know you are busy, but you already have a hot ticket item. Do a run of a dozen FFF in fiberglass and sell them at a reasonable price (even marked up from your original prices).

But skip the ebay bidding war. First come first serve Paypal deposits. Guaranteed sells and money in your pocket. :)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Not a CF fan either, but they look like quality pieces.

And I have to agree with some of the other posts. I know you are busy, but you already have a hot ticket item. Do a run of a dozen FFF in fiberglass and sell them at a reasonable price (even marked up from your original prices).

But skip the ebay bidding war. First come first serve Paypal deposits. Guaranteed sells and money in your pocket. :)
i agree i would buy one in a heartbeat if u start these up again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.