Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on buying my Fujita intake today. Is there a big difference in performance between the CAI and SRI? If not I might just get the SRI.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I noticed that the SRI has no bends that might affect flow. And the location of the filter isn't that much further down on the CAI.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have I like. The quality is second to none that I have seen. They are very reputable, fitment was excellent, Sound is good and seems to have some gains on the butt dyno. I don't know if they have the short ram dynoed yet.

This is however a very similar design to the rest (piping). It comes down to money and what you want. There is a very similar one on ebay right now with just a K&N intake on the end for around 70 bucks. I personally believe that the Fujita filter design is better. Now how much better, that can be disputed.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
In my opinion most intakes are the same. all you really have is an aluminum pipe and an air filter. if you wanna save money i know people here have bought the el cheapo intakes off ebay and just replaced the filter with a quality one.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The only thing wrong with the cheapo's and others is the breather tube is closer to the filter than the MAF sensor. The Fujita puts the breather tube on the correct side, closer to the throttle body after the sensor eliminating a chance of getting oil on the sensor and fring it.

I'd get the Fujita, well I am one of these days. They can be found on eBay for like $140 shipped, for that price you might as well get the better design!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Definitely go with the short ram. I installed one on the wife's xB. If I ever consider getting one for my xB, it will be the Fujita short ram.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
i put the short ram on mine, love it, very noticeable gains in my opinion. The guy who does some work on my car said they are well made but the filters are hard to put on, dont worry about it falling off. Got mine on ebay for 129 shpped

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked up the short ram off ebay for $109, but it came packaged with a 2.5" filter instead of the 2.75" that was required, was a royal pain to mount, but works fine. One thing Fujita makes no reference to in the instructions is cleaning or maintenance. Obviously at some point something has to be done, anybody know?

Ed

·
Registered
611 Posts
I picked up the short ram off ebay for $109, but it came packaged with a 2.5" filter instead of the 2.75" that was required, was a royal pain to mount, but works fine. One thing Fujita makes no reference to in the instructions is cleaning or maintenance. Obviously at some point something has to be done, anybody know?

Ed
you can use the k&n filter cleaner to clean it. from your local pep boys or other auto parts store.

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
I have I like. The quality is second to none that I have seen. They are very reputable, fitment was excellent, Sound is good and seems to have some gains on the butt dyno. I don't know if they have the short ram dynoed yet.

This is however a very similar design to the rest (piping). It comes down to money and what you want. There is a very similar one on ebay right now with just a K&N intake on the end for around 70 bucks. I personally believe that the Fujita filter design is better. Now how much better, that can be disputed.

Hope this helps.
i agree with u bus.. i got that 70 knock off with the k&n filter.. but its been a hassle to install it... i have an 05 bop box and its kinda off... the lil bracket that goes mounted on that rubber/screw to prevent it from moving is like 1.5" to the right from where the screw is at on the chasis to mount it on...
fujita f5.. here i come..

·
1,466 Posts
The only thing wrong with the cheapo's and others is the breather tube is closer to the filter than the MAF sensor. The Fujita puts the breather tube on the correct side, closer to the throttle body after the sensor eliminating a chance of getting oil on the sensor and fring it.

I'd get the Fujita, well I am one of these days. They can be found on eBay for like $140 shipped, for that price you might as well get the better design!!
yeh i suffered from this.. take a look..

[img=http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9670/20070418220800010as5.jpg]

·
1,466 Posts

yeh i suffered from this.. take a look..

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I've had my SRI since its initial release and love it!!!!!!! I had another brand on there, but my butt dyno noticed an increase in torque once the F5 Fujita SRI was installed.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Fujita is good. Pretty much a blatant copy of the Injen if Im not mistaken. That's what Ive heard, but havent seen it. Injen is ranked higher in dyno tests than all the others, so Id imagine Fujita would be up there too.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Fujita is good. Pretty much a blatant copy of the Injen if Im not mistaken. That's what Ive heard, but havent seen it. Injen is ranked higher in dyno tests than all the others, so Id imagine Fujita would be up there too.

Scotty, not a blatant copy, though the owner of F5Fujita was a part of Injen.

The lines(bends) are smoother, and there are other subtle differences that one will only ntice when the two are side by side. I did a comparison article, don't know were it went though.

Same w/ the CAI. The differences are there, you have to have the two side by side to see it.

Putting a F5 CAI in the Matrix soon enough also. Getting rid of the Injen CAI.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ah I see. THanks for the clarification Brad. I had heard he worked for Injen and it was the same. Guess not. Should be about the same gains though. (even the best was a minimal hp gain)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yeah, some things can't be improved upon.

Some things I remember, when the intakes are packed the handlers have polishing powder on their hands so as not to leave fingerprints and such, I had the clean the polishing residue out of the Injen intake prior to installation so it wouldn't ruin the MAF, the F5 comes clean ready to go. The filter seems much better, haven't had to clean it yet, and the filter is still orange! The "typhoon" shape may have something to do w/ the slight increase in torque that my butt dyno notices.

One of my club members told me to slow down climbing the Alamont grade, I'm running on 87 octane currently w/ the F5 SREI, and he was running on the AEM CAI and 91 octane. We both have 18 inch wheels and tons of ICE.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.