Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's sweet that our xB's are getting the most attention in the "Engine, Tech & Performance" First thing most people would think to do is pile a big Audio/Video system in there ride.

I'm not turbo'd or anything but I'm not stock, but it is cool that we all are going so far with our 1.5 Liter's. Keep up the sweet work everyone!

Post your opinions here, and Hell! Why not a pic of your Engine Bay too.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FrankenScion said:
Oh, and a pic of the battery tray and fuse box. ;)
Looks cool, lots of detail!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The kids kill most any chance for me to make any major shows, especially out of town ones.

My valve cover could be better, It's not as shiny as I would like.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
ill have a pic by Monday hopefully. i made an engine cover my self that damn near covers the whole bay. its really rough right now, and needs some work, but its the only on in the area i know of. :D ill get pics as soon as i can.

scotty

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
ScionScotty said:
ill have a pic by Monday hopefully. i made an engine cover my self that damn near covers the whole bay. its really rough right now, and needs some work, but its the only on in the area i know of. :D ill get pics as soon as i can.

scotty
Ooh, I wanna see that! :cool: What is it constructed of Scotty?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
thats something i dont remember. its a more flexible of the sheet metals. i dont know what the exact guage is. its possible to be bent by hand, but it takes some good force. ill check it in the mornin for ya.

scotty

·
Registered
201 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Just put my intake on last weekend!

taz your engine bay is soo hott. i would... well lets say in the 1980s words of Sir-Mix-A-Lot... I'd "Jump on it!"

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
D,

the metal im using is .020 sheet metal. thats what is says on the sticker. i cut it out, soldered it like i wanted it to be, then i fiberglassed it all. the metal was just a stepping stone for the whole project and to keep form. right now its glassed and ready to bondo smooth, primer, and paint.

scotty

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
ScionScotty said:
D,

the metal im using is .020 sheet metal. thats what is says on the sticker. i cut it out, soldered it like i wanted it to be, then i fiberglassed it all. the metal was just a stepping stone for the whole project and to keep form. right now its glassed and ready to bondo smooth, primer, and paint.

scotty
Well, get busy, Mister! I always liked your projects! (Remember, I was a fan of your grill mod from back in the day!!) :D

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
yea way back in the day. ive done a couple since then but never liked how they came out particularly. then i made the bBx lip kit by hacking apart a spare lip i had. god that was ugly and not very sturdy. lol. i get too many damn projects on my plate at once :(

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.