Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i have just yesterday purchased a scion xb for my company and traveling. unfortunatly my 05 sti can not suit the professional look and image that i need in front of my clients especially because i have no room to transport any one. It is very heavily modified...
anyway enough about me....
I have searched the threads and post for differences in the years and models of the xb but could not find any thing so i gave up after like 15 minutes and decided to create a new thread.

so if you could do me a favor and explain the differences that the different years of the xb have, both interior exterior and performance wise it would be much appreciated. or if i missed the thread can u please post the link for the thread. :)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Not much besides steering wheel controls for the radio, and radio's themselves. 06' comes with the armrest I think.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Not much besides steering wheel controls for the radio, and radio's themselves. 06' comes with the armrest I think.
Mine didn't...also the 06 has a carbon filter intake thingy

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
2004 and 2005 models are identical. Zero differences unless you are talking about the Release Series.

2006 changes:
-New Stereo head unit design
-optional iPod radio upgrade (replaces 6-disc)
-3 new hubcap designs
-2 new colors (Salsa Red and Shadow Mica replacing Black Cherry Pearl and Camoflage)

2006.5 (build date after 12/05) changes:
-Dual Stage Airbags
-steering wheel radio controls
-different interior fabric

I think that's it, but I may be forgetting something.

-Alex

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
yep, steering wheel control and carbon filter thing are the only differences i know of as well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I believe the front seats are a little different also,It seems like they are fuller and wrap around a little more.
Some small things,Rear spitter has changed,The location for passenger airbag light,Steering wheel controls,Ipod controls or atleast the knock out for it on the center console.

Scott

·
Registered
325 Posts
2006.5 seat side plastics changed. Rear seat headrests may have gotten bigger mine has 4 the same as the front seats been told the rears were a little smaller (my pre 2006.5 leather upholstery kits seemd to verify this as 2 of the headrest covers were too small)). I have been told but haven't verified that the front seats are higher off the floor to accomodate the electronics for the airbag seat sensors tho i haven't measured to see for sure. No body differences.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow awesome thanks.... i am liking the car more and more as i drive it.... i wanted to take off the front scion emblem but i noticed the square whole that would be seen if i did.

:confused:

·
Registered
110 Posts
emblem

you could either take that off and get a bB badge there or go to our fabolous ebay and pick out a grill for a little bit of money. :) or you could just take it off and leave it holy hahaha:eek: or just leave the emblem there and be a really proud owner of a sexy box;)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome to Club xB

If you really want some ideas to change the look of your box I would suggest looking for local clubs and/or shows. Then you can see all sorts of different mods side by side and get advice on local suppliers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you thank you... that sounds like a good plan but i have decided that since it is just my company car the only thing im going to do to it is HID's and an amp for the stock speakers cause the stereo just isntloud enough....

oh and the bake method for the lights but thats a given obviously

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
the stereo just isnt loud enough....
It won’t change the overall volume, but make sure you have the radio set correctly. It has presets for all three scions xA, xB & tC. Most people seem to like the xA “feel” setting best. The stereo comes from the factory set on tC which sounds like crap in our boxes. (Hold down the SSP button to switch it.)

I also suggest switching out the amber turn signal bulbs with Silvestars. They look clear with a iridescent finish while off and blink amber so they’re street legal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yupp yup, already did the silver stars along with the clearing of the headlights on the second day i owned the box....

what i dont understand is how u could possible say a 4 way amp wont make the stereo louder... come on dude, is there something im missing here or do u just acting like you know what ur talking about?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Maybe I wasn’t clear. I was saying that changing the radio settings between the xB, xA, and tC settings wouldn’t affect the overall volume.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.