Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of putting yakima racks on my xb and was wonderring if anyone had pictures to share so I can see the look of it. Thule ok too?

Also Yakim states that I need 58 inch, does anyone get 48 inch bars, does that fit also?
I want a clean look with out having extra bars coming off the side.

thanks
j
newbie :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
where did you get the canvas covers??? i want to go surfing more, but with long board, 10ft, ive been wondering what to get for roof racks. glad someone posted this thread.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i've seen this show team located in L.A. that have yakima or thule racks on most of their cars and honestly, that's one of the reasons i wanted an xB. it looked great.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I got the canvas done at a local boatyard canvas shop. You could buy the "cheap ones" but they rot away in 6 mon. to a year. These are Sunbrella canvas, same stuff they use on boats, it'll last for many years.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
time for me to set up here. Yes, you can run a 48 inch bar, that is what I am running. I have used Thule products , and would never use them again. #1 they look like crap, #2 they are just a poor design.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Just curious. Can you put a luggage holder on one of these? The Thule type. The reason I ask is we use the xb for some of our road trips and I just filled the back of the car with my audio equipment. So Im looking for a new place to put all of our stuff.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
yep, I have a load warrior basket, a spacecase, a rocket booster, and a load ranger, all are different sizes, and all can be adapted to the roof rack on an xB

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
Actually, I have never taken pics with the boxes on, they are kindda ugly. If I get bored in the next couple of days, I will pull them out and throw them up there for you and take some picks.

Reguarding the 48 inch vs. the 58 inch bars. Yakima suggests using a 58 inch bar. I have both for my set up, the 48 inch will work, but it is a very tight squeeze.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
I'll write you up a quote in a bit and PM it over to ya.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.