Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..............this just may work. Hmm.

But of course I would have some Work Euroline, or something to that effect w/ fatlips and staggered offset. And I know where this is a shell/chassis to start something like this, and have the front passenger seat flip foward to gain access to the back.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I've been thinking about doing a chop top, but it would definatly be after it is payed off. All I would really need is a used roof section, from the bottom of the windows up. Something like the 5Axis Orange xb.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
hmm...im sure some people might buy it, not me though...

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And of course, build a skeleton cage to strengthen the roof once its but chopped and modified to a two door. The beauty of knowing peeps who can build race rollcages and fab/weld up just about anything. And since the sheetmetal is so thin, back the joins w/ some 14 or 16 gauge sheet metal.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I like it, but it kinda reminds me from back in the day when the mini trucks were in style.:eek:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
youthinasia said:
Any do an engine swap....fit that camry engine in there!
I don't think it can be done, I am puting a front clip on a camry at work right now, and I think our frame rails are too close together to fit that motor. Maybe if we had about 10 more inches between the rails.

·
Registered
99 Posts
believe it or not. I'd roll it. I think it has massive potential!!!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The shell/chassis I have access to has front and rear damage. By doing that conversion, I wouldn't have to worry about a $400 OEM hatch to replace. Then I could prolly modify some taco hinges and locking mechanisms for the tailgate area. And maybe use part of a taco bed for the flooring, a larger fuel cell to replace the tank, I have a set of TYC tails that were on my xB, a four link rear end...................................oh man, I need to stop!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh yeah, I want an Open Deck over a bB any day.

They are just to hard to bring into the US. A bB is easier.

·
Registered
168 Posts
yup - we all know about the bB OD ... but that photochop is more of a modded bB and less of a modded OD. I like the stretched and chopped look more. OD's are cool and all ... but that 'chops almost got a euro-leadsled look going on that's so much nicer.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The stretch between the B pillar and the beginning of the rear fender well is what makes that xB look really good!

·
Registered
168 Posts
all in all - i don't think it would be that hard of a build to do (if you know bodywork of course). As far as sheet metal work, it actaully is a pretty mild cut-n-paste job. It's not nearly as involved as it looks if you really sit and look at the photo. wheelbase is the same- stitch the doors closed, adapt some rearend metal works. From my experience, making a one-off skirt and lip kit like the one in the 'chop would be MORE work than the chop-n-paint work. Cannablize the rear 1/4s from some bigger SUV. Most everything needed is just a take off from something else and tig'd into place. I really would not be surprised to see a rolling version inspired by that 'chop to appear in the next year.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would also have the back window roll up and down like they have for pick-ups.

Now, if I could only win the Lottery, I'd be rolling in a TCM version by summer!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.