Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I went from an '05 tC to an '06 xB. I kept the same aftermarket headunit, XM receiver, and XM antenna and I've noticed far worse reception with the xB than I did with the tC. Does anyone have any success stories on where to put the antenna?

On the tC it was right behind the FM antenna on the back of the car. I used the factory install instructions to aid in my decision on where to put the antenna. I used the xB instructions to mount the antenna about 8" from the back of the car, on the roof on the passenger side.

I've noticed that even mild rain tends to kill my signal whereas in the tC nothing really phased it at all, unless I was driving right next to a large semi which caused the signal to be blocked.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
i got my sirius ant. on the front crowl the black plastic piece in between the wipers it works rather well. I dont like stickin the ant on metal cause over time the magnet will start to form a rust spot on the car it happened to my toyota truck i had .

·
Registered
103 Posts
madmaxb said:
i got my sirius ant. on the front crowl the black plastic piece in between the wipers it works rather well. I dont like stickin the ant on metal cause over time the magnet will start to form a rust spot on the car it happened to my toyota truck i had .
I placed self adhesive felt on the bottom of mine and clean under it every time I wash the box. Plus polish and wax it every couple of months.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
mine is an RS3, it came with xm radio from factory... it works fine for me... except under bridges and undergrounds...
mine is mounted on the rear right corner of the roof..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.