Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kow ou radios are XM ready and the TERK interfaces with our radios the thing is I already have a XMD1000 XM radio so i would only need the converter box part only as i understand it

would someone who has installed the terk or similar device please enlighten me as to how the unit interfaces with our radio and what plug it goes into i would think that the xmd1000 would just plug into the HU but apparently not

thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i know but i was wondering if anyone who had it knew how it worked or when i can get just that box cause i dont wanna get a whole new one with the kit its just wasteful

id even consider hacking the HU but i dont see an input for it i doubt its more than a serial connection

thanks

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
:D here ya go man this should help ya as long as u got the xm brain this is the xm adapter u need
xA 2005-2006 XMDTLK Displays All Functions
xB 2005-2006 XMDTLK Displays All Functions
tC 2005-2006 XMDTLK Displays All Functions :D
here a full compatibility chart for just about every car just go to a car stereo shop or find a website that carries the adapter boxs:D

http://www.audiovox.com/downloads/OEMCompatibilityList.pdf

·
Project Cop Box
540 Posts
hell, i have a roadyXT xm reciever...i just wish i could get it to interface with my stock radio instead of just having it play through an unused radio station.

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
Go to radio shack and get a phono-to-phono plug and plug it in the side of the xmroady then plug it in to the xbs Aux plug in on the center console :) if u have the aux plug on ur xb then u can use the aux source on ur radio

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sirius and xm merging a good thing? That depends on who is in charge and their "vision". I had xm for years and loved it, then xm started cancelling some of it's most unique and interesting programming because they were not popular enough. But "dumping" these station severely hurt the diversity of programming which is why I joined. So, i cancelled. So, i am skeptical.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
well, Sat radio is a lot like braodcast radio. they cancel what isn't popular and mainstream. I think top 20 on 20 is a huge waste of a channel. I want to hear that. I'll turn on a FM channel.

·
Registered
247 Posts
well, i'm sorry, i was under the impression when i joined xm, that they planned on being extremely diverse. And to a point, they started out that way. When you are extremely diverse, some things are not going to be near as popular as other things. If i wanted to hear what's really popular, i'd listen to fm (at least there is some good college stations and good programing on national public radio. And frankly, since xm dropped the three stations i loved most, I dropped them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
at this point im debating it all cause i have the 3 month trial if they offer me the $77 a yea offer i might try it out but i still have 2 months to decide
i might try HDradio but i think thats gonna be a mistake

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
And frankly, since xm dropped the three stations i loved most, I dropped them.
What stations were those? Just curious as to what they had in the past. I haven't noticed any stations dropped in the past year or so, but maybe I wasn't listening in the first place.

I love satellite radio due to the non censored stations, and that there's specialized stations that play obscure b-sides along with hits. I listen to Soul Street a lot, and the Doo-*** show on Sundays and the Potluck Wednesday show with B.B. and Dr. Nick are the best if you're into classic Soul/Funk/R&B.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The stations were 1. ngoma which was channel 100 and was entirely music from all over Africa. And...I can tell you there is an amazing array of various styles of music and incredible vocalists that would surprise you. 2. World Zone, which was channel 102 and featured music from most of the rest of the world excluding the U.S. (which is most of the other channels) and Mexico (which already has 5 channels devoted). Spain, France, Middle east, South America, India, Pakistan, Cuba, Algeria, Morraco etc. These stations were the only links to the rest of the world and a huge % of the great music being produced right now is world music. These two stations were replaced by two horrible French Canadian stations. Don't get me wrong, i like French music but these are not good examples of good French music. 3. And last but not least, Chanel 95 was Luna, which was Latin, heavy emphasis on salsa & Latin jazz from mainly Mexico, Cuba, Columbia and Puerto Rico. There is a station they are calling tropical but it's not near as good. I love the fact there is no commercials but i'm pissed they took the stations i listened to and explored to find new and amazing music. I have a really good collection of music, R&B, blues, soul, rock, hip hop (Old school) and i can play c.d.s if i wanna hear that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.