Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyones xb pull to the right while accelerating? And normally. I didnt hit anything. But sometimes I gun it and maybe I f'ed up the cv.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
How hard are you accelerating? I get some torque steer.

Low tire, need alignment, etc.

·
Registered
974 Posts
If you are stomping on the gas from a stop, any front wheel drive car will naturally torque steer to one side.

Best thing to do is head down the highway and leg go of the wheel and see which way it wanders if at all.

You could hit one pot hole and throw the alignment out of wack, so be careful.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
If you're gunning it, its called torque steer. Along with that torque steer too, like Chad said, you probably need an alignment. I dont know what to tell you though. If you abuse a car, even a Toyota, it still cant always hold up. Take it to a mechanic and pray its not something serious. Be careful too, because I know a lot of dealerships are stingy about things, and if they could tell youve raced in the slightest, theyll F you hard core!

scotty

·
Registered
9 Posts
what kind of tires do you have?? mine is doing the same thing. I have had it aligned and rechecked twice. Today my tire place told me I had a bad tire (only 200 miles on it). I have 205/40/17's, directional tires. I think my box does not like the tread design of the tire. I am trying to find some old non-directional's to try. When I put my stock 15's on, I have no problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tundra solutions.com has a knowledge base with TSB's from Toyota in it. You have to be a member to read them. If you can find someone who is a member, go the STEERING section and get the ST005-01 TSB. It is a bulletin put out by Toyota addressing the pulling problem. Turns out I had bought a set of el cheapo tires and they had a "conicity" problem, causing my box to pull to the right. I put a new set of Fuzion's on the front and it fixed the problem. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
i wouldnt really reccommend driving and letting go of the steering wheel. cars are meant to be driven with both hands on the wheel, usually when diagnosing a pulling/alignment/tirewear problem, you should drive with the steering wheel straight ahead, and see where the car goes. if you go straight with the steering wheel crooked probably have a out of spec. Toe adjustment, if it is straight and kinda wanders, check tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.