Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
pastormatt
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've seen threads with over 1,000 posts on so many other types of topics. How about just a general I love xb post?

What do you love most about your ride? Any fun moments/stories?

Keep it clean!!:D

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
i love to hot box my box =)

·
On here once in a while!
547 Posts
It feels good driving something that you don't see often...although lately, it seems that there are more boxes out there than before...;)
Eh, that's OK, it's still a bada$$ little ride to drive...:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like to see people just look at my car as I drive. There are not very many boxes around my area. I think I have only seen about 3 before I bought mine.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
exterior size
interior size
interior comfort
ease of entry/exit
visibility
handling
oddness
mantle clock speedo
reliability
price
honesty

OK, what do I mean by "honesty?" The box is a very honest design - very "form-follows-function." There aren't a bunch of swoopy curves and lines, very little in the way of unnecessary kruft added just to make it "fashionable." The box is a box and doesn't apologize for it.

The very first time I saw one was an early TV commercial as someone else was flipping channels. By the time we got back to the channel the commercial was over, but I knew I wanted one. My comment, in fact, was "I want one! What is it?"

The box doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't. :) It's comfortable with itself. :D

Tom

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
the box is... different. that's why i wanted one. different styles will work. and i had a long mohawk when i purchased it, it had awesome head room. but of course i like the clubxb community. most laid-back group of guys and gals.

·
bB Squad
4,152 Posts
exterior size
interior size
interior comfort
ease of entry/exit
visibility
handling
oddness
mantle clock speedo
reliability
price
honesty

OK, what do I mean by "honesty?" The box is a very honest design - very "form-follows-function." There aren't a bunch of swoopy curves and lines, very little in the way of unnecessary kruft added just to make it "fashionable." The box is a box and doesn't apologize for it.

The very first time I saw one was an early TV commercial as someone else was flipping channels. By the time we got back to the channel the commercial was over, but I knew I wanted one. My comment, in fact, was "I want one! What is it?"

The box doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't. :) It's comfortable with itself. :D

Tom
that sums it up right there!!!!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I love my xB because of the vast modifications within the markets that can be done to it. I never really understood the whole idea of modifying a car until I got my box. Then I discovered the Japanese and European markets. I looked deeper and deeper and found myself 50 feet under with over 75 bookmarks for just xB/bB related content. I have seen more body kits for the box than I ever dreamed of!

I have a few mods planned this year. Nothing fancy.

Watch out for the Boombox next year. After these next 2 months go by, I'm saving ALL my extra cash for some sick stuff next year!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I love my xB because of the vast modifications within the markets that can be done to it. I never really understood the whole idea of modifying a car until I got my box. Then I discovered the Japanese and European markets. I looked deeper and deeper and found myself 50 feet under with over 75 bookmarks for just xB/bB related content. I have seen more body kits for the box than I ever dreamed of!

I have a few mods planned this year. Nothing fancy.
same here lol

got the box because of the price and i love the way it looks, wanted one ever since i saw the concept version, never thought they'd actually bring it here.
didnt realize when i bought it there were so many mods for it.
i'm having a blast learning how to mod my car.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i got my box because the price was right. and you cant beat the amount of standard features. the practicality was there for me. it has everything an expensive car has [air/heat/power accessories/room for more than 2] at half the cost. it was the best bang for my buck. that was then, now i see that scion isnt just a car, its a way of life.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If it not a right angle, its a wrong angle.

And no, I had that saying before I saw that Friends episode.

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
I love the way it looks and the people that are associated with the xB. You guys (and gals) are awesome!

·
I'm Awesome.
10,701 Posts
I remember seeing the xB in person for the first time at Hot Import Nights in 2003. I Thought the Scion Box was cool, and since you got a free shirt if you filled out a survey card giving opinions of the xA and xB, i took about 5 minutes and filled out the card. I distinctly remember the last question asking "How soon do you intend on purchasing a Scion?" Not wanting to insult the people in the booth, I selected 3 years.

3 Years passed, and I never really saw the Box on the streets in Rhode Island. I saw pictues here and there on the internet, but never really made me jump out of my seat and say I wanted one enough to actually go look at them. Then last summer that commercial with the Red Widebody started coming on my tv daily. I said what the hell, and took my brother to the dealership and figured we'd test drive one, and just go home. I had no idea I would fall that in love with the car, and 3 hours later I drove my new car home.

Two days later, I found this site, fell in love with Scion Community, and now I have a bunch of parts and accessories taking up too much space in my house waiting for the warm weather in New England so I can really get to modding.

Oh yeah, the fact that 2 weeks after I got my xB, I got to go to Scion Exposed in Boston and get free admission to an all Scion Show and free Admission to Six Flags, was a nice touch too...

How's that for a fun story....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.