Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
BOXy
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm trying to stabilize my floor mats on my xB and I've found 2 different parts that might do the job. I checked the owner's manual and the ones on the manual looks like these ones in the link;

Genuine Toyota 08211-08630 Floor Mat Retainer Hooks Black Plastic Floor Mat Clips Twist-Lock Style

But Amazon offers these for my car as a fit. Also on brandsport website there are 18 reviews for the hook style ones but only 1 for twist style.

Genuine Toyota 08211-00720 Floor Mat Retainer Hooks Black Plastic Floor Mat Clips Hook Style, Excludes FJ Cruiser

Does anybody have retainers on their floor mats? Which one fits/is factory replacement for xB2?

·
BOXy
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Already ordered hooks since I couldn't see the 'signs' that twist style locks on my floor mats, I hope they fit. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Corolla with the hooks. I could try to see if the twisty matts will fit on the hooks I think they will

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

·
BOXy
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you think hooks and twist style performs different or do they just keep the mat in its place? If hooks work fine, I'm good with them

·
Registered
22 Posts
The hooks have worked fine for me. I think Toyota was afraid of the mats backing off on the hooks so they put in the twist which hold them more definitely in place. The downside of the twisties it is that they're made of plastic so they might break where are the hooks up I recall are metal. At least the hood part the bottom Mary might be plastic so trade-offs.

·
BOXy
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought I ordered them with Prime but it turns out they were only free shipping.

Expected delivery date 31st! Whoa!

·
BOXy
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have once argued the mailman about advertising mails and how he dumps all the undelivered mails of the apartment complex to my mailbox (mine was the biggest one with a broken lock so it was easy for him to dump all of them)

Now whatever I order if the company it FedEx or UPS it's in my door in two days. If it's USPS it never gets delivered.

I still couldn't get those retainers. Seller sent it twice, first one got a warning telling wrong address even though address was verified by USPS website, second time being a signature required mail; I did not signed anything and did not get a mail but it looks delivered.

I'm an international student so I have accent and stuff. Probably this is what describe racism.

I even left a 10 dollar Tim Hortons Gift Card for him for Christmas wishing him a warm new year.

Ass hole.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
/\/\.. SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO GO TO THE MAIN POST OFFICE AND TALK TO THE BOSS !! I had the problem years ago when I GOT NO Mail !!! Finally was told that there was a car in front of my mailbox at the curb and was told they do not have to exit the truck as the box was blocked !!!! Took pics but... It finally took a new carrier on my route to do the job right !!!!

·
BOXy
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the product finally after seeing the town post office.

Damn, one side did not fit, I guess my floor mats are not genuine. I'm looking for a front driver's side one to buy.

·
BOXy
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll take a picture tomorrow but basically the right hole on the car's carpet and floor mat's right hole do not align. So I shouldn't say they didn't fit. It looks like my floor mats do not fit to the car.

It looks something like this

·
Registered
22 Posts
Whole space looks very wide. What model is that out of the camry? Maybe it's the spacing the new models take

·
BOXy
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes they did come with the box. I'm not sure where they came from. I'm, going to stop by at the dealership to buy them on Monday.

---------- Post added 01-09-2016 at 05:39 AM ----------

By the way this is not the actual picture, it's just to represent the issue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts