Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found these pics online...,not sure if they've been posted here or not. Carscoop%20Greatwall%207.jpg [/ATTACH] From what I understand,from the site I found these on these are built in China.

Attachments

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yeah, these are the "cool bear" which is basically the same car we have, only built in china.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
i would not rock them. made in China stuff gave me a bad taste in my mouth.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I've owned many products that were made in China, and they weren't all that bad. I guess it's what you get. No, I haven't had a Chinese car. I'm sure the people who run the safety commission or whatever have tested their cars and found them to be very unsafe for US drivers. It's crazy to think that some cars from Korea are actually built better, but hey, they make some great games there too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, these are the "cool bear" which is basically the same car we have, only built in china.
What I find interesting is the fact that it looks like a first gen main body with a second gen front end/rear end. :confused:

·
Registered
552 Posts
It looks better than what Scion brought us in 08. I'd drive that before I would the piece of crap wanna-be-xb Scion made!!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
My feeling exactly. Besides, even if it is made in china, Toyota built the plants, supplied the machinery, the blueprints and materials to spec. Toyota will be there to insure their reputation and quality remains in tact.

·
Registered
454 Posts
From what I understand, after the automakers are done with their production presses they sell them to companies in China. I think it was on an older thread on SL. Anyway, if you look at the company that makes the "coolBear", they are called Greatwall, all the cars look like cars from other countries with minor changes. I deal with a autobody parts supplier and nothing is OEM, they are all made in China or Taiwan, but once they are out of the box and on the car no one would know the difference. It's also how some of the aftermarket companies do body parts. lol. When I first saw it I though someone did a full front and rear conversion or a one off. lol

·
Registered
552 Posts
From what I understand, after the automakers are done with their production presses they sell them to companies in China. I think it was on an older thread on SL. Anyway, if you look at the company that makes the "coolBear", they are called Greatwall, all the cars look like cars from other countries with minor changes. I deal with a autobody parts supplier and nothing is OEM, they are all made in China or Taiwan, but once they are out of the box and on the car no one would know the difference. It's also how some of the aftermarket companies do body parts. lol. When I first saw it I though someone did a full front and rear conversion or a one off. lol
They sell some of that machinery to Mexico. Up till a few years ago you could buy a new VW bug (not the new ones, the original one) new.

·
Registered
454 Posts
They sell some of that machinery to Mexico. Up till a few years ago you could buy a new VW bug (not the new ones, the original one) new.
nice, lol. I just hope the parts are available for out B's. I wasn't to worried about it at first then I realized that since toyota isn't making them anymore I might have to go custom fab everything cause of the idiot drivers around my work and home. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.