Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello..newbie here.
I've been shopping for a daily driver/commuter car for a while now and went to check out the xB at the dealer over the weekend. I'm looking for fuel economy, space for utility purpose etc.
I have pretty much made up my mind on the xB but was wondering what the theft rate is on these things? Grant it.. a lot of people think these things are ugly but I'm one of the few that has loved the design since day1 of seeing it.
Would the "ugly" factor play into the role of a lower theft rate? (keeping in mind that no mods will be done to the xB since I have another car that I already mod)

TIA!!

·
Banned
528 Posts
Should have no theft problems. The xb's draw alot of attention but I have not seen too many theft issues with these cars.

·
Registered
485 Posts
actually, scion has a pretty high theft rate from what they say here at the dealer and at central atlantic toyota.

Since 100% of the scions come from overseas, they have a comparably high theft rate to other cars. From my experience, they rarely steal the car ( i havent heard of it happening), they just take parts off of em. The foglights seem to be the most popular item. At my dealership alone we have had our tC's and xB's broken into several times...and each time they took the foglights.
CAT seems to say the same thing.

With that said, i really wouldnt worry too much. just get an alarm system and you should be fine. I personally have never had any problems anywhere. One of the malls we have here is the #1 mall in america for vehicle vandalism, and im there several times on a weekly basis. it should be fine ***knocks on wood***

·
Banned
528 Posts
I think he is just going to have the stock components. No wheels and such as stated as above. If you are always going to be worrying about your car get a pager alarm and then you don't have to worry. Make sure and install it correctly or have a professional do so. This way wires cannot be cut and you have backup power supplies in the case that you are working with professional thieves

·
Registered
198 Posts
MussBus said:
I think he is just going to have the stock components. No wheels and such as stated as above. If you are always going to be worrying about your car get a pager alarm and then you don't have to worry. Make sure and install it correctly or have a professional do so. This way wires cannot be cut and you have backup power supplies in the case that you are working with professional thieves
Good point.also I would suggest gitt'n "the Club" or similar, just the sight of one will deter most from grabbing yer toaster,,, however the "bust and boogie" bunch, nuttin seems to stop them.....grrrrrr

·
Registered
485 Posts
i have a quick question. For those of you who have a scanner in your car for when the alarm is on, how long can ya keep that running before it completely drains the battery. I know in my old corolla if i left the door light on for more than 90 minutes i was in deep sh!t.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Thanks for the response and opinions fellas.

Yes, as mentioned the xB will be in complete stock form. No mods will be done to it.
I was considering the fog light option for it, but was afraid of the theft of those and you guys seem to confirm that those are sought after by would-be thieves.

·
Registered
485 Posts
hotbox05 said:
they have mall's on the east coast? wow.
lol we have a lot of malls on the east coast, at least where i live. Within a 7 minute drive period there are 2 big malls near my house. And a little further out (15 min) there are another 2 malls.

Our biggest mall is over a mile long on the inside. And the movie theater in this mall is the single most popular movie theater in america, averaging 300,000 people per month.

heres the entrance where i get my valet parking (not really but i wish)

heres one of the entrances to the mall

i know your just messin with me, but gotta represent the east coasters

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.