Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting my xb pretty soon. wanted to get some oem fogs but read some where that they are not all that.. they dont light up i mean bright enough.. is this true?.. are they worth getting and if so from where should i get them dealer or suggestion of a place?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
If you get them install them yourself, I don't have the OEM ones so I'm not sure how brite they are.

Easy install.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have the OEM fogs and have found them to be very useful. They may not be as bright as the two 50,000 candle power lights I had on my 4X4 but they do light up from gutter to gutter at the same brightness as the headlights.

I have found them , on a scale of 1 to 10, an 8, and worth the money spent

hint: have seen them on e-bay for less than the dealer, Sparks Toyota also has a decent price.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
mplayaz9 said:
i heard that there was a problem of the passenger side hitting teh intake. true?
Drivers side has had issues with intakes rubbing, but can be fixed by loosening clamps and moving the pipes a little.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
I think mine are ok but with the after market you can get the look you want. I had to get OEM because in Oregon Fogs are illeagal unless they are factory equipment. That really bites.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Padanky said:
Drivers side has had issues with intakes rubbing, but can be fixed by loosening clamps and moving the pipes a little.
so .. with the help of moving the intake pipe.. it wont happen?..
. i am stil have to get the xb. so.. just getting all the info before i get the parts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
mplayaz9 said:
so .. with the help of moving the intake pipe.. it wont happen?..
. i am stil have to get the xb. so.. just getting all the info before i get the parts

I guess, it was not mine. I ran into a guy with an xB when I was getting my wheels and he had the problem. I think it was fixed by moving it around, it was the dealer installed intake (I think AEM)

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
I have the AEM intake and I can *see* where you might have a problem rubbing, but if you install it yourself you can make sure there's no issue. I haven't had a problem yet.

I think the fogs give a decent ammount of light, I would recommend them. Plus the box looks soooo much better with fogs in, than the caps covering the hole.

·
Registered
239 Posts
if and when i do get fogs im getting the JDM ones... the arent smoked and have a light up switch

·
Registered
762 Posts
i have a shorter jdm 1st generation bB bumper and a shortram intake. the intake filter was butt up against the drivers side foglight and even with the intake pipe loosened (which started cutting into my battery) the foglight ended up popping out, scratching my paint all up, then the housing fell off and the bulb burned a hole through the paint and into the fiberglass in 2 spots.

if you have a short ram and a wierd bodykit it may not work.

if you have the stock bumper then id say go for it, when i did have 2 fogs i loved the light output.

right now i just have the passenger side foglight and a direct opening for the intake haha

·
Registered
168 Posts
xB_ox said:
I think mine are ok but with the after market you can get the look you want. I had to get OEM because in Oregon Fogs are illeagal unless they are factory equipment. That really bites.

ahhhh.. but they don't say it has to be TOYOTA OEM (for the scions). Padanky's got OEM... Nissan OEM ... I got OEM ... from a Suburu... There's ways around it if you feel like working the system.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Pumpkinbox said:
ahhhh.. but they don't say it has to be TOYOTA OEM (for the scions). Padanky's got OEM... Nissan OEM ... I got OEM ... from a Suburu... There's ways around it if you feel like working the system.

True that!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the factory fog lights and the AEM ram air intake and the filter lays directly on the fog light. When I drive, the driver fog light moves and it is very annoying. I have looked to see how you would manipulate the intake to not rub against the fog light, but have yet to find the answer. The light output is good and helps the overall light output up front. Now if I could just figure out how to get the fog light to stop moving I would be happy.

·
Registered
368 Posts
drac151db , You could always try using stickyback felt on the mounting points to tighten them up a bit.

but yeah, I like my fogs

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think what I will try is what Tomas told me to do is to put tape around the actual plug that goes into the bumper that holds the light in place. Other than this, I am not sure what else to do.

·
Registered
611 Posts
is there a DIY for the foglight installs?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.