Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to the f$*$sticks over at Con-way Freight, my pretty Fiberglass hood which was going to be one-offed with different venting/additional venting was cracked to **** and back.... Here's pictures of the aftermath.. I just hope the body shop I'm taking it to can repair the damage within reason...

Top view

Right front vent (Resin injection time!)

Left front vent

Right Corner (Ouch... moulding fun!)

Hood Latch Area (Major reinforcement needed)

Front underhood area (Injection + moulding time)

It sucks when you get something so beautiful that you can conceptualize on your perfect ride, only to be ruined by some ******** driving a freight truck. I've tried to file a claim with them and they are not wanting to take responsibility. So I face either waiting out 2 months to get $ back, or pay the extra and have a body shop reglass the areas/reinforce and spray it as I wanted...

Chock it up to evoulution and further out of pocket expense...

-cz-

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I wouldn't give up on the refund. Get the work done, take the trucking company to court. You can sue them for what it costs to fix. Takes a while, and that sucks, but in the end you get your cash back.

·
Registered
827 Posts
OMG, that sucks! That is so weak they did that and wont fess up to it. I would call a lawyer, or at least threaten them with it. Sorry to hear about that man.:(

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The freight company will just tell you that the hood was not packed properly to prevent damage...

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Big thing is... did you pay for insurance? If not then you are SOL. If you did then you will get reimbursed.

Man that sucks though. I hope the end result is to your liking and trouble free from here on out.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
In 4.5 years in the Parts Department here I learned a few things about accepting shippments. You just learned one of them.

Lesson:
"Inspect shipped part (remove from packaging), match it to the invoice, THEN sign for it."

Doing that will save headaches accross the board. The driver will always pressure you to just sign and take it and if it is damaged they will claim that you need to sign for it anyway. You don't. If you want to accept the part with the damage you MUST have the driver note that on all copies of the manifest so you can prove it was delivered with the damage.

Hope the rest of this project goes better for you!

-Alex

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
grizzly_choppers said:
In 4.5 years in the Parts Department here I learned a few things about accepting shippments. You just learned one of them.

Lesson:
"Inspect shipped part (remove from packaging), match it to the invoice, THEN sign for it."

Doing that will save headaches accross the board. The driver will always pressure you to just sign and take it and if it is damaged they will claim that you need to sign for it anyway. You don't. If you want to accept the part with the damage you MUST have the driver note that on all copies of the manifest so you can prove it was delivered with the damage.

Hope the rest of this project goes better for you!

-Alex

Actually I went to their distro center to pick it up.. and he noted that I accepted it as damaged and signed for it.... so it's documented that it was damaged in freight.... i'm just hoping that i can fix it.. my body shop said that with the amount of work needed to get it back to a strong condition/workable condition + paint it's going to be 500$.. not counting customizations i was to do to it... (sigh).... I just hope the shipper/seller/etc can do something for me on this...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If they noted that it was damaged in freight when you picked it up then you should just return the thing. Don't do any work to it before they pay up either. They'll want the part back.

It may be the manufacturer's/shipper's fault for not packaging it properly or it may be the handler's fault for not handling it properly in transit, but it CERTAINLY isn't your fault. Get all your money back and get a new one!

-Alex

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I'm pissed just looking at it and its not even mines...Good luck with everything

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Thats why I would never buy fiberglass. That sux.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well luckily Steve from bbIST is really working hard to help me get through this snag in my show ride.... They are really good people... So we'll see what happens... May take a little bit but quality is worth the wait

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.