Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to scions. i heard that a celica motor bolts in to the xb. if it does i want to know if you could use the xb wire harness or i have to use the celica engine harness. and do i use the celica axcels, or i have to mix axcels with the xb ones. i just need some more specific info on it. if any knows about it let me know.

·
Registered
260 Posts
DAMN, the 4 cylinder DOHC would be my swap of choice, not sure if it would mount to the existing tranny, might need to do a total transplant, the harness would be the big question.

·
Registered
179 Posts
hayalex6 said:
Anything's possible with the right amount of money, and time.

Hell, I know a guy who's putting a LS1 into his 94 Prelude.
yeah you can do all kinds of crazy projects. If he wants to spend the time and money converting the prelude to a rwd, oh well...:confused: the chassis was designed for a fwd so having that extra power will only be for one thing...going straight.

·
Registered
322 Posts
There used to be a video where these guys stuffed a Cadillac Northstar V8 into a golf, pretty sick.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not to be mr. negative, but this has been discussed into the ground and beyond. If you want to do a swap, do it. But lets try and keep these threads down, i'm tired of hearing about it rather than seeing it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
killerxromances said:
Not to be mr. negative, but this has been discussed into the ground and beyond. If you want to do a swap, do it. But lets try and keep these threads down, i'm tired of hearing about it rather than seeing it.
Damn you and ur negativity. :eek: :p

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
they dont have the 2.4 on the bB 1st or 2nd gen in Japan. They dont have it on the 3rd either I didnt think. Are you talkin about the 1zz thats in the tC maybe? Ive never known it to have a 2.4 EVER. In fact, Ive never seen one myself at all in a bB.

scotty

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
ScionScotty said:
they dont have the 2.4 on the bB 1st or 2nd gen in Japan. They dont have it on the 3rd either I didnt think. Are you talkin about the 1zz thats in the tC maybe? Ive never known it to have a 2.4 EVER. In fact, Ive never seen one myself at all in a bB.

scotty
Scotty, the 1zz is the Camry engine, which is in the Tc. And it will be in the 2007 xB's. After the 1/2 yr of course.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
ScionScotty said:
Which will it be in Boxlover? Not the NCP31s we have now, but the new ones? Why would Toyota do something stupid like that, and give Japan 1.5 and 1.3, and not give them the 2.4 also then.

I have heard from a higher up source, that the 2007 1/2 xB's will be on the corolla platform. Making it about 4 inchs longer, and about 4-5 inches wider. Thus allowing for the larger engine. They are also considering bringing down the roof of the car about 2-4 inches and using 5x100 lug pattern instead of the 4x100 :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!

And to answer your question about here and not Japan, is because thats how we roll in the USA!!!!!!! More power the better. The market for power is better here in the USA, because over there, they have more choices ie Sklyline R34 and the likes. Shoot, even the xA will come standard with a Fab here in the USA. Although it wont be called the xA nemore

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.