Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there I have a 06 scion xb with I pod modification. The problem is that I have had 2 I pods go BAD on me in THREE months. I have the larger ipod with the video screen to play movies and pod casts. When the first one went bad the people at Best Buy said to unplug it from the car evrytime I left the vehicle. So on the second I pod I unplugged it and put it away each time but the second one lasted as long as the first one . I get a message that says comm error and than it cuts off and will not power up, This is a fairly expensive ipod and I miss my music so I would like to remedy this problem

Anyone else have this problem

Tom

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Usually on mine if it says Comm Error I unplug the iPod and plug it back in and it works....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats killing my ipod

Already tried that... the comm error is coming on because the car cant talk to the i pod cause the ipod is dead and will not respond even if I plug it into the wall or into my computer which is why the exchanged the last one that I had

Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
869 Posts
Wtf?

i've had my Ipod nano in my car since october....never had seen anything like that.....how do you have it hooked up?......kuz i just have a aux converter that plugs into the back of the factory radio then i plug a wire that has two rca plugs on one end and a headphone jack on the other....do you have a Ipod 2 car hook up???.......it could be the power suppily is shitty or has a short in it.....you could both have the same brand.....wierd.....:confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whats up with my I pod

I have it connected thru the cable that is connected to the i pod imput on the car. My wife also has a nano and has had no problems with hers mine is the i pod that plays videos pod casts and has a 2-3 inch color screen. The tech at the store I bought it from said that he has seen this before in fact it happened to him and they replaced his i pod twice

Tom

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I have the Video iPod too and I've had no problems with my iPod radio input.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also have a 06 with the IPOD stereo. It seems to wok of with my nano( if you turn the radio all the way down sometimes you cant turn it up.) But it killed my wifes mini ipod on the first day the screen went crazy and it wont play music. Scion might looking into these things. It is a cool idea you can control the Ipod through the steering wheel and the radio, but If it kills my nano I will stop using it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
the newer model ipods were not designed to be used with the current stock radios. Although it will still work and play (sometimes)...the new ipods are much more prone to having something go wrong. I as well have a 60GB ipod in my car...but with an aftermarket HU. Its been in there roughly a year....literally. I only take it out to transfer songs to my ipod. No problems yet.

But if your ipod is one of the video ipods....it may get screwed up. hopefully that answers some questions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.