Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My xB when stock shook a little bit when idling or in park whatever but now that i have added more mods like AEM cai and headers it shakes even more and also my steering wheel shakes ALOT when im flyin down the highway more at higher speeds...anyone else have this issue? and is there any way to get rid of the damn shaking its so annoyinggggggg :(....engine kinda rattles too at idle but i guess thats from the more hp thrown into it?...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
The shake at Idle is normal, there is another post on the topic.

Steering shake, you need an alignment. I need one too, thanks to the drop and 18's

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Padanky said:
The shake at Idle is normal, there is another post on the topic.

Steering shake, you need an alignment. I need one too, thanks to the drop and 18's
I didn't have my alignment redone after the drop and my 18's were put on but I did notice a lot of drift and shimmy with the new wheels and tires. I have about 4000 miles on the tires and just rotated them. The difference is awesome. I don't have the drift anymore and the shimmy is way down. Once the tires had a chance to "break in" and then I rotated them they are working much better now.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yep, I'll second Padanky.

Most people don't get the alignment when they drop despite the fact that they are completely disassembling the front end suspension. You would need to put every stud back exactly where it was without even a millimeter of difference if you didn't want to align the thing.

Make sure you take care of that soon as well. A bad alignment can chew through those expensive new tires in a HURRY!

-Alex

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone second my decision to run the xb into a nissan cube destroy both and buy a tc?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.