Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest issue of Car & Driver has a comparo of four boxes. The Element was 4th, HHR 3rd, PT Cruiser 2nd, and xB 1st by a wide margin. They raved over the xB!

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
damn, I just sent my subscription in to Car and Driver last week. looks like I'll have to buy this months issue at the store :D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Thats weird because thats the same way I would rate them.
Style, I think I like the HHR better than the PT Cruiser.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read the article. What's shocking to me is the 4th place finish of the Honda. How could it be beat by a Chevy? In fact, I think the HHR would have gotten 2nd if the PT Cruiser hadn't been fitted with the optional 230 HP turbo engine.

In any case, the xB was the clear winner. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Using a PT Cruiser GT made the comparison unfair- it has much higher horsepower, better brakes, interior, suspension and so on then the standard... For that matter, they should have tested a 4WD Element.
Personally, if I was Honda or Chevy, I'd be seriously upset with C&D.

Of course, with that said- it shows how great a car the xB is.... to be able to go up against a car that costs almost double- and still come out the clear winner means a lot. I can't wait until I can actually say I'm an owner.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Padanky said:
Thats weird because thats the same way I would rate them.
Style, I think I like the HHR better than the PT Cruiser.
Is the guy who created the style of the PT cruiser the same guy that created the HHR? They do have a lot of similarities.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Scion-Doll said:
Is the guy who created the style of the PT cruiser the same guy that created the HHR? They do have a lot of similarities.
It's probably just the same old style copying that manufacturers do. When one finds something that works, others use the same style to keep too many customers from changing brands.

·
Registered
219 Posts
re: Car and Driver

It's no surprise that the xB ( our beloved box) came in first. It is exactly what it is said to be - "Expect Less - Get More." I think the writer of the Car and Driver article was more enthusiastic about the 2 xBs my wife and I got than the dealer salesman was. Either way. we love the xBs and wouldn't trade them for anything, especially not any of the other three in the article.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
yeah Chevy hired the same designer of the PT Cruiser to design them a new car. So much for new, looks like the guy has run out of ideas :p
My best friend works for Chrysler and preches to everyone *not* to buy a PT Cruiser lol

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
cyks said:
Using a PT Cruiser GT made the comparison unfair- it has much higher horsepower, better brakes, interior, suspension and so on then the standard... For that matter, they should have tested a 4WD Element.
Personally, if I was Honda or Chevy, I'd be seriously upset with C&D.

Of course, with that said- it shows how great a car the xB is.... to be able to go up against a car that costs almost double- and still come out the clear winner means a lot. I can't wait until I can actually say I'm an owner.

You do know that the element comes with a V6 VTEC engine. My mother has one and let me tell you, when you step on that pedal, it goes without hesitation. Surprised it didn't do better in that department.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Dew said:
My best friend works for Chrysler and preches to everyone *not* to buy a PT Cruiser lol
It's funny, I sold Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge products, the only one I would recommend is the PT! Never saw one in the service area except for routine stuff.... go figure!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.