Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lotof this has been said before, and a lot of us know these things already, but I wanted to some f my thoughts into words.

First off, I love my car. I think the xB is so unique in it's appearance, driveablity, and coolness factor, that I have to say, at least tome, it's almost like owning an exotic car, especially after dropping it and getting aftermarket wheels and other mods.

A lot of people (and magazines!) compare it to the likes of the Honda Element, the HHR, etc...but I like to think, at least in America, that it is in a class by itself.

It's funny, because the first time I saw one on the road, I thought..."hmmmmmmm.....it looks like a mini-Astrovan..." Still kinda does! lol!

For a cubical-looking car, what I like about the shape is that it is correct in all it's porportions. Other jdm "k-car" class cars really look like they are really really small, with the short front ends and stuff, but the xB looks just right. And yes, though it may be a small car, it actually has a lot of room and is comfortable, even for a 250 lb. guy like me.

Yes, I do wish that it cam with more power...200 hp and 200 lb/ft torque would be very cool....but it's not that big a deal at the end of the day.

And let's face it...it is highly customizable and can be personalized to the extreme. Whether it be sporty or vip-style, all is possible and they all look pretty good in all guises!

The cost of entry isn't too bad either. Relatively inexpensive car with high quality!!!!!!!1

That's all! I'll post some pics as soon as the sun comes out!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
ditto.......

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
youthinasia said:
???????? did a tree fall down on him or something?
Nope, he cut the turn into his garage too close and wiped the rear quarter of his car all along the frame of his garage door.

My body shop estimated about $500 damage.

-Alex

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
Nope, he cut the turn into his garage too close and wiped the rear quarter of his car all along the frame of his garage door.

My body shop estimated about $500 damage.

-Alex
Ouch! That'll make you hate yourself! Not the best way to test the structure of the house or the car.

I'm sure that wonderful teacher, "hindsight", kicked in as always, after the fact! ( I hate to learn that way!)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
dtrain619 said:
Took the words right outta my mouth!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
Yeah, what he said!:D

Youthinasia wrote:
It's funny, because the first time I saw one on the road, I thought..."hmmmmmmm.....it looks like a mini-Astrovan..." Still kinda does! lol!

The first time we saw it, we laughed and said, "I drive a box!". Later on after we bought it I noticed the Astrovan similarities. Damn those minivans!;)

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
That's a nice lookin' box, you must really take care of it for it to be sooooooooo shiny!

Yeah, the best 1994 xB ever?! :confused: :D :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol! actually, the pics are poor quality..I had to downsize them 75% so they're grainy. The fact of the matter is, that the car is SUPER DIRTY! we just had the year end rain spell here in so cal...I havent washed the box in a few weeks and we took a road trip from LA down to San DIego over the new year weekend. The 5 freeway is as horrible as it was for the last 10 years! Osrry about the poor quality of the pics!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very nice set on that camo!! Many props!

·
Registered
104 Posts
well almost everyone in my family hates the xb but i could careless...cuz like you said it's in a class of it's own and i hate to be a commoner... just cuz hondas cheap and easy to hook up doesn't mean i want one..i like to stand out..and if they don't like it the can kiss my future to b xb's exhaust

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I like the xB because nothing else looks like it. And it's cute and has alot of room. I've loved it ever since it came out. The first time i saw one it was Black Cherry Pearl and sittin in someone's driveway and i said 'what is that?' and have liked them ever since. It was before they had released them in missouri so i'd never seen one. It was cool.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.