Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I don't really feel like getting a full kit but I'm really interested in changing my front bumper. Who has a large selection of fiberglass kits that I can look at and does anyone know if they sell just the bumpers?

Are these easy to install? or should I get a professional to install it. Also do they come prepainted or is that another thing that needs to be done?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't have any links for kits, but I'm pretty sure they don't come painted and they are going to need a little help fitting, unless you can do bodywork or know someone who can, I suggest letting a shop do it.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
yes you can buy the front only.....can you install it? Depends on the quality of the kit really. It will need to be painted.

If you decide to do it, test fit the bumper before getting it painted. You can then do any fiberglass work to fill in any gaps with the body. Then when the fit is right prep it for paint and bring it to a shop for paint.

Do a search on here or through the sponsor site. Another way to see them is look at photos of the ones on Ebay. Not suggesting buying from EBAY but lots of photos on their of kits.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Also, if the kit is for an early bB, you may have to remove the front bumper support in order for the new bumper cover to fit.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Gcat007 said:
So... I don't really feel like getting a full kit but I'm really interested in changing my front bumper. Who has a large selection of fiberglass kits that I can look at and does anyone know if they sell just the bumpers?

Are these easy to install? or should I get a professional to install it. Also do they come prepainted or is that another thing that needs to be done?
i've been wanting to do the same thing.

·
Registered
762 Posts
squirrel said:
Also, if the kit is for an early bB, you may have to remove the front bumper support in order for the new bumper cover to fit.
like mine :cry:

·
Registered
74 Posts
www.HouseofScion.com sells the JP Vizage front by itself. I just ordered the full kit. Great Price & Great Customer Service.

He said the kit needs no extra fiberglass work to fit. We will see ( Said with fingers crossed )

I should have it next week sometime.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have Any Of You Guys Seen That Tcs Lip Kit On A Xb. I Like The Way It Looks Online, But I Would Like Some More Input Before I Get Some Thing I Will Not Like Or Looks Like A P.f.s. If You Know What I Mean.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I have TC sportline if thats the one you mean. Fits good. Looks good. I like it. Most likely Ill soon get rid of my spare one or Ill take it and make a whole new style outta it.

Scotty

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want my xb to look like a kids milk box, with a straw coming out of the top,any ideas? I have 2 little grand daughters and the 3 yr. old said it looks like a milk box...I love the idea ... msjongirl

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey, scion scotty i'm not shore if it is a tc sportline lip kit but it's the one on ebay so check it out and let me know if that is the one. thanks!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
yo scotty i'm not shore of the link but i just searched scion xb body kits and it's the only one that i seen. it is the tcs lip kit by eskimosport check it out if you can. thanks alot.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i dont know yet whether im going to sell it, or make a JDM copy of another kit. it had a crack in it i replaced, but its good now. ive gotten pretty good so i have some ideas for making a new one totally we've never had over here. right now im thinking maybe Cal Racer is the one im leaning towards. ill probably keep it for a while longer.

scotty

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.