Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, All:
Just got an xB and looking to add some extras:

Does the Zeta armrest restrict or shorten the rear distance the seat can slide? Not sure I am looking at the installation instructions correctly.:confused:

The seat slides about two (?) inches past the rear of the seat track.

If this is so, is there an aftermarket alternative?

Thanks!
Flier

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Jon will probably chime in here about the Zeta.

Have you looked at the Scion armrest? I previously had the Boomerang, but didn't like the slab sides and didn't use the storage so when the Scion one was released I went with that. I've been very happy with it.

Also, side note, the new Yaris uses exactly the same armrest as the Scion. Neat!

-Alex

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zeta? or Scion?

Thanks, Alex.

I had the same opinion on the Boomerang. :(

Looking for the storage option that the Zeta has, but I'm all the way back on my seat adjust. Can't give that up.

Seems that someone would know the answer. Could call Zeta on Monday, but user opinion/experience is valuable.

Flier

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
Jon will probably chime in here about the Zeta.

Have you looked at the Scion armrest? I previously had the Boomerang, but didn't like the slab sides and didn't use the storage so when the Scion one was released I went with that. I've been very happy with it.

Also, side note, the new Yaris uses exactly the same armrest as the Scion. Neat!

-Alex
The only disappointment that I have with the Scion armrest is that it is too low and that the dealer didn't install the wire piece, so it is loose.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
boxd_up_2 said:
The only disappointment that I have with the Scion armrest is that it is too low and that the dealer didn't install the wire piece, so it is loose.
surf had a write up about the armrest wire if you need tips on it :D

I have the Scion armrest as well and I love it. Some complain about the height as well, but it's perfect for my tall frame. I rest my elbow on it and my hand on the shifter. Works great :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't like the armrest from scion.
The padding on my armrest has compressed on side. When I put my arm on it it bothers me. I put a piece of hard foam under it for now. I'm thinking of getting a cover made for in using that memory foam.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Talking about bringing something back from the dead wowzers, interesting though

·
Registered
62 Posts
My Stock arm rest was to low for me, so I cut a small peice old 2x4 inside the part of the armrest that comes off. Played with the lenght until I got in to th right height. Then I used black self tapping screws to secure the 2x4 in place. then used 4 moer of the same screws to secure the removable peice in place. No more leaning over to use it, Now I just need to add a little more padding.
I'm thinking just some memory foam.
That was my solution maybe $2 in parts 2 hours labor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got the Zeta storage, but found it extremely low - more like a cheek rest. It fits into the rear cupholder, so I just modded it to add 3 inches and it works great? It's got more comfort / padding to it then the flip up Zeta/OEM one, and a decent leather.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.