Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use to own VW's, and even my 94 Jetta with a 2.0 (nicknamed the 2.slow by VW enthusiasts) would have blown my XB away. and unfortunately so would most other cars out there as well. So I never really cared or tried to make it faster.

But, if you want to know, I drive by an abandoned drag strip every day and I'll find out on my way home for you.

By the way I lied, I did mod two things. I have a K&N drop in air filter and a Perrin Power Steering Pulley.

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
And the manuals are at least half a second faster, or is it slower? It doesn't really matter, because everyone beats us.

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Nope, but they put it to the wheels more efficiently.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
out of the 5 runs I have done in my xB from back in the day the fastest time I had was 18.36 at 74.14MPH

At that time I had a drop in K&N filter, and exhaust. that was it.
I remember that I raced a stock 5speed from the dealership and every time he was right at a car link ahead of me. Always got me off the line.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think I made 18 runs when we had a day at the dragstrip. My best 1/4 mile time was a 17.95 with a CAI, exhaust, 14lb Axis wheels. Yes, even a Prius beat me. But it was so much fun, especially when they went to the ET racing and it evened things out a little. It's not about who's the fastest but who can make consistent runs. I came in 3rd place that day. I beat an Evo, an old Mustang and then an Acura before losing to a 12 second Nova. It was the first time all day I blew the start and she did too, so I could've been in the finals if I wasn't trying to nail the reaction time, since I hit it so good 3 times in a row. Here's some stats for your thread:

·
Registered
58 Posts
nice! with that 60ft are you power-braking or just mashing the gas? any wheelspin?
I tried every variation in the warmups, power braking, even a neutral drop, trac on/off but the fastest way was just mashing the gas. I would stomp the pedal when the tree was 2-3 yellow lights away from green. By the time it got itself going the light was green. No spin really. Between the Traction Control and the Yokohamas I was on at the time, it gripped pretty well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts