Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Hopefully this type of question is not forbidden here. My 2010 xB is showing its age and I'm looking to buy a new car. I would love to get a new xB but Toyota killed the Scion line. What recommendations do you have for a similar car in a 2021 model?

I was recently at the Hyundai dealership and one of the salespeople showed me the Venue and said it was comparable to what I have. Featurewise it looks really nice and has all of the current safety features. It gets better gas mileage than my xB and pricing is similar to what I paid for my xB new. The only downside I see on paper is that it has less horsepower (121 hp vs 158 hp for my xB). I haven't taken it for a test drive yet. Is that a big difference in power? Thank you

JM

·
Registered
2 Posts
That’s funny you should say that I have a 2005 with only 51,000 miles in dark blue that we’re probably going to be selling

·
Registered
459 Posts
The 2nd gen is an alternative to the 1st gen. That is as far as it goes. Everything else is not an xB. Soul and Cubes are just copycat poopoo. The new Ford Bronco is kinda squareish tho.....enjoy the new ride whatever you get.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,533 Posts
Personally I'm waiting on the upcoming 2023 VW ID Buzz. Just hoping it doesn't have VW's usual electrical issues. Not good when the whole car is electric. :oops:

As for the Venue, yes you will feel with difference in power. You're dropping from a 2.4 l engine to a 1.6. Won't be as bad as the difference between the 1st and 2nd gen xBs but you'll still notice it. I think it's ugly, but that's a matter of opinion. I would look more at the Kona. Still less power but not a little as the Venue and slightly less ugly. Also since they are already listing the 2022 Kona as coming soon you might be able to get a deal.

In the Honda line up you're looking at an HR-V, again ugly but less of a power drop than the Venue. About the same as the Kona.

Toyota you'd be looking at the Corolla Hatchback. Same power drop as the others but not as ugly. And there are rumors of a full wagon version coming out next year.

Nissan: Better looking, but no, just no.

Kia: I don't actually mind the Soul. It's got a decent size engine, not ugly and ok reliability.

Mazda: The CX-3 has good power, good reliability, decently good looks and Mazda's are always fun to drive.

Suburu: Impreza has near the same power as the 2nd gen xB. Not great looking and put money away to pay for replacing the head gasket. But hey, you can look great vaping down the road.

MINI: Pricier, but fun as hell to drive. I like the looks of the 1st gen better than the current models but still distinctive. Not very reliable. I still miss my 06 Cooper S but I wouldn't own one without a good warranty.

There are others. I wouldn't touch anything in the Fiat Group Brands because of reliability. Ford and Chevy don't really have anything in the range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts