Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or is it just hard to see? I got a 05 Camo box and was close to an accident/getting in an accident 3 times in one day. It was raining on/off.

1. Driving following the car in front of us then an echo on the right lane just suddenly tries to go to the lane i am on when there is no space open for it to go in. We honk and the echo notices that we are there then goes back to their lane then cuts us off. :mad:

2. 10-15mins later... Driving through a parking lot with like 2-3 cars parked away from each other. we were about to go over a speed bump so we slowed down. then the car parked in the spot next to the bump suddenly starts backing up. we honk then they stop. thats the second time.

3. Coming at an intersection and our light was green about to turn left at a 3 way intersection. suddenly i see a light coming from the right there i see a tundra not noticing that his/her light is red. we suddenly stopped just in time and the Toyota tundra just barely missing us passes by at extremly fast speed. but we were reliefed we didnt get hit.

Is that weird or what. just the weather or the fact that the xB's color is called camo. i dont know.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I also drive a camo and have had several close calls, almost like people didn't see me. Maybe they were just really awful drivers but maybe our color is more difficult to see in bad conditions.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Nah. It happens a lot. You think Camo green is bad, try driving BOP at night....Virtually invisible to 99% of the drivers out there, even with bright headlamps!

·
3,453 Posts
Really, people these days are just bad drivers. No-one pays attention anymore, and their all on their cellphone gabbin about what they wanna do after their child's soccer practice..........................................................................

·
Project Cop Box
540 Posts
Nah. It happens a lot. You think Camo green is bad, try driving BOP at night....Virtually invisible to 99% of the drivers out there, even with bright headlamps!

you think Camo & BOP are bad? try BSP. ;)

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
yeah, i think there are just bad drivers out there. like a tC was about to hit me when it was changing lanes a couple days ago, so i honked. maybe that driver didnt double check its blind spot. then just last night, a Subaru cuts me off, just inches from hitting me. in the end, the Subaru got stuck following a slow car and i just cruise right by. :)

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Camo is bad. It changes colors. (it's true) I've had a bunch of people ask me what color it was, like black or gray or something.

·
3,453 Posts
a Subaru cuts me off, just inches from hitting me. in the end, the Subaru got stuck following a slow car and i just cruise right by. :)

This is my favorite technique followed with the boxed in maneuver. They're stuck there until that person turns off...At which point, I gun it because you know they're gonna go faster. It's fun to do, and yes, I know, very bad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i had a subaru before the xb and its funny to see people try to race you and speed by and see them get stuck in between cars and you just cruise by. it can be any car. its the driver probably.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got run off the road the other night in my Bright Orange Corvair. This woman in a suburban came up from behind me and was slowly passing me (she was in the left lane I in the right). When she got to about where here front door was even with my front bumper she just started changing lanes to the right:( I horned (it is loud) swerved right onto the shoulder and braked, she paid no attention just kept coming. I am not sure she ever noticed that she nearly ran over me, even with my horn and squeeling brakes etc. ...looked like she was on the phone:( People are idiots behind the wheel way too much!! You must watch out for yourself they certainly will not watch for you.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Really, people these days are just bad drivers. No-one pays attention anymore, and their all on their cellphone gabbin about what they wanna do after their child's soccer practice..........................................................................
^^^^ Yes 100% agree^^^^

It don't matter what color your xB is, people just suck and do not pay attention.
Just yesterday some kid in a civic cut me off, so I honked to say "don't hit me" as I lock up my wheels. Then he gives me the finger. The light coming up is red, I stop beside him and he starts yelling at me. There was no one behind us and I step out of my car (yes I have a huge temper) and he peals off. I guess he didn't expect a 6'5" 240lb guy getting out of a small car.

I know it was wrong of me to get out of my car, I was just so pissed this piece of **** was yelling at me for his stupidity I lost it. I'm not usualy like that, just one of those days.

Anyway back to topic, it's just people are getting dumber behind the wheel !!!

cheers

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.