Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, heres the deal.... i was so excited to get my scion that i left the audio book at the dealership, which is an hour+ from me. called and told them about it and the guy supposedly sent it out. no luck w/ the us mail, so he sent another one out. i think the post office is enjoying reading them. lol. so, that means i still have a stero system with no instruction book. and now the guy is not sure how to get another one. and i don't think i want to risk giving another one up to mail monster (close relation to the sock monster). does anyone know how i can get another book with as little hassel as possible? i am open for suggestions. thanks, jamie

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You're talking about the radio owner's manual?

Those can be very difficult to get. I would suggest having the dealership send it out UPS. That way you get a tracking number.

Otherwise, just drive to the dealership. Hey, it's an excuse to drive your new ride AND you can play a movie for those in the back seat too!

-Alex

·
Registered
485 Posts
I might be of some assistance in giving you another option if you wanna skip the dealer. I actually have the number of the place that prints and distributes all of the official manuals for everything to the scion dealerships. Ive used them to get a single shop manual (what the mechanics use) in the past. Heres the number... (800) 622-2033
just call em and tell em what ya need.

If the guy at the dealership asked the person who works in the parts department he could find this out in about 3 seconds. The parts guy @ my dealership gave me this number. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
^^^^
Well, that's right and it's not.

That's the number for the Toyota Materials Distribution Center (MDC) and normally, yes, it's your source for getting any Toyota books. That doesn't apply to Scion radio manuals though. They need to be purchased through the manufacturer. I have done this as recently as a month ago on the Pioneer units. Unfortunately, I don't even have a number off the top of my head to call Alpine's office for Scion products.

Still think you should drive to the dealership to get one from your salesman when he gets another in.

-Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.