1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
322 Posts
okay, for the front, brace theres the APR one, which is just like all the rest they sell, accept it seemed heavier to me. C2auto.com sells it. The braces on the picture you show seem like the one from TRD. Search on SL for TRD FRAME BRACE and you'll see pictures of it. The install was too sketchy for me to get one.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i was looking in to the trd one. you have to drill in to it for fit two bolts. also as for what people have been saying about the trd one it also rust. also dont know the price for that . does anyone no the price for the trd one??? as for the c-one that i have been reading into its a full bolt on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just wondering how hard it would be to take some measurements and get your own built? Lots of places to buy the aluminum or steel and then just cut it and get it welded. I still have not got my xB yet so I really don't know but from the photos of the braces it does not look too hard and you should be able to save some money. Heck build a few and sell them.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
al74dart said:
Just wondering how hard it would be to take some measurements and get your own built? Lots of places to buy the aluminum or steel and then just cut it and get it welded. I still have not got my xB yet so I really don't know but from the photos of the braces it does not look too hard and you should be able to save some money. Heck build a few and sell them.
truthfully i dont think it is hard to build yourself its just the fact that people buy it already made just cuz of a name on it. or sometimes cuz if you make it yourself you dont know how good of a job they did. so thats why i would just pay for it. because by the time someone builds it for you i dont think you would save that much.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Who all is running them? Do they really stiffen up the chassis alot? I thought the xB chassis is pretty stiff anyway.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xjeepguy said:
Who all is running them? Do they really stiffen up the chassis alot? I thought the xB chassis is pretty stiff anyway.
if you go to scionlife alot of people run them all front rear sways everything... it siffens up your chassis even more so you can have more handles on turns and all that

·
Registered
827 Posts
azynboi03 said:
if you go to scionlife alot of people run them all front rear sways everything... it siffens up your chassis even more so you can have more handles on turns and all that
Cool, thanks. I will look into it. I always ran them on my mustangs, but they were known for being real flexy cars to begin with. May be worth a second look ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would have to go back and look up the prices but it seems to me that they were IMO over priced for what you were getting. The ones I looked at on the internet did not seem to have required months and months of R&D to design and build.

I just did a quick check on prices and the front underbody braces were about $170 range for the Cusco and the Tanabe/Sustec. The Megan was only $50 - $60 but I could not find a part number so I am not even sure they make one for the box.

If the prices are even $150 for one front under body brace I think I would build my own for that. It seems to me that I saw two or three under body braces for the box. One in the front, one back further and one in the rear.

·
Registered
322 Posts
al74dart said:
It seems to me that I saw two or three under body braces for the box. One in the front, one back further and one in the rear.
that sounds right to me. you have the front brace, the middle and rear swaybar, then you have the ones inside the car.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Ask Steve aka bBist on how those braces help in a road race condition. If you are heavy in AutoX and RR, then the cusco is the way to fly. I run the Cusco 40D for the strut towers, along with my Tein SS, and I can definitly tell the diff. For all the nasayers, I guess you dont really push ur car to the limits then ehhhhh. :cool: :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.