Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have any leads on a GEN. 1 TRD cold air intake.. all dealers are sold out even though they still listing them online. Prefer a new one..

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
The Gen 1 xB polished aluminum Cold Air Induction (CAI) was originally sold as Scion option number PTS26-52040 and was labeled with its manufacturer's name AEM (Advanced Engine Management). AEM also directly sold their CAI for the Gen 1 as part number 21-567.

Scion later sold the same Gen 1 CAI system under the TRD label.

Although the TRD label version is difficult to locate, AEM still offers the CAI for sale new. Check website Aemintakes.com for part number 21-570P. Several other sites sell it under the AEM 21-570P, as well as listings on eBay.

Good luck which your search. Post some pictures if you decide to purchase the AEM version and install it.
AEM CAI.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Gen 1 xB polished aluminum Cold Air Induction (CAI) was originally sold as Scion option number PTS26-52040 and was labeled with its manufacturer's name AEM (Advanced Engine Management). AEM also directly sold their CAI for the Gen 1 as part number 21-567.

Scion later sold the same Gen 1 CAI system under the TRD label.

Although the TRD label version is difficult to locate, AEM still offers the CAI for sale new. Check website Aemintakes.com for part number 21-570P. Several other sites sell it under the AEM 21-570P, as well as listings on eBay.

Good luck which your search. Post some pictures if you decide to purchase the AEM version and install it. View attachment 79420
Didn’t know that!! Thanks. I’m a fan of all the aftermarket parts the dealer offered!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
AEM also did the oil cap and battery tiedown.....in silver or gray

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can anyone take a photograph of the carb legal sticker that cam with the trd intake… having a hard time finding the trd version and will be installing the aem. Just want a sticker so I don’t have to take it off each time for smog in Ca.. :(

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,117 Posts
TRD - Toyota dealership websites show the Scion xB's TRD PTR0352050 CAI as legal in all fifty states.

AEM - The CARB website, shows under Executive Order D-670-15 Relating to Exemptions under Section 27156 of the Vehicle Code covering AEM Induction Systems and AEM Intake Systems: "IT IS ORDERED AND RESOLVED: That installation of the AEM Intake Systems, manufactured by AEM Induction Systems of 1455 Citrus Street, Riverside, California 92507, has been found not to reduce the effectiveness of the applicable vehicle pollution control systems, and therefore, the AEM Intake Systems are exempt from the prohibitions in VC Section 27156 for installation on the vehicles listed in Attachment A." Attachment A lists the AEM 21-567(x) CAI for the Scion xB model years 2004 and 2005.

I cannot locate CARB approval for the AEM 21-570(x).
Websites selling the AEM 21-570(x) show it as not legal in California.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TRD - Toyota dealership websites show the Scion xB's TRD PTR0352050 CAI as legal in all fifty states.

AEM - The CARB website, shows under Executive Order D-670-15 Relating to Exemptions under Section 27156 of the Vehicle Code covering AEM Induction Systems and AEM Intake Systems: "IT IS ORDERED AND RESOLVED: That installation of the AEM Intake Systems, manufactured by AEM Induction Systems of 1455 Citrus Street, Riverside, California 92507, has been found not to reduce the effectiveness of the applicable vehicle pollution control systems, and therefore, the AEM Intake Systems are exempt from the prohibitions in VC Section 27156 for installation on the vehicles listed in Attachment A." Attachment A lists the AEM 21-567(x) CAI for the Scion xB model years 2004 and 2005.

Thanks for all your help.. ye I don’t get it… as you mention trd was able to offer the sticker but aem is not.. and u mentioned the trd was made by aem 🙁 if only I could just find the trd sticker.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No luck on finding the TRD intake. Anyone running the INJEN IS SHORT RAM COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM (POLISHED) - IS2105P

How is the fit any issues?

was interested in the aem - same as the trd but it’s not legal in ca

·
Registered
2006 Scion XB
41 Posts

Myopic is like the most helpful guy ever!! Thanks Myopic for always being so clear and detailed. I wasn’t even following this thread!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Looks great.......where does filter ride? behind driver fog?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts