Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Scion xB Automatic
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I know these are just plain ol' rough thread screws that thread into plastic, but I cannot seem to remove them without stripping them. All of the screws on all 4 of my xBs are stripped and damn near impossible to remove.

Anyone know the thread size/pitch? Or really, mainly looking for core diameter of the screw, not the OD of the threads. Anyone know?

I searched, but couldn't find a similar topic. I'm likely in the minority here, but would like to find this info out if possible. For OCD reasons.

I'm also contemplating using a allen key head as opposed to Phillips if they make anything like that. Or even a hex head. The angle of the screws don't work well with Phillips heads whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
There are allens that are like wood screw threads and pointed. Not sure how small they are. Only messin around back there was swappin to led license plate lights.....

·
Super Moderator
2006 Scion xB Automatic
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up just grabbing a few different sizes from the local hardware store and it worked. I knew it was a dumb thread that I started when I made it, apologies... :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts