Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the method guys? try and stretch it , or cut and lay it? i'm at a loss.

·
Registered
276 Posts
it really depends on the type of fabric you will be using as to the method needed.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I just had my interior done in dark green microsuede and leather and the lady that did it couldn't do the rear panels. She said there were just too many curves. She would have to sew a lot and it would end up looking awful.

Now I'm just going to fiberglass them. :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
FrankenScion said:
I just had my interior done in dark green microsuede and leather and the lady that did it couldn't do the rear panels. She said there were just too many curves. She would have to sew a lot and it would end up looking awful.

Now I'm just going to fiberglass them. :D
Any pics? Inquiring minds want to know....

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
FrankenScion said:
Not yet, I went to a show the night I got it done and havent cleaned up from the road trip back yet.

I'll take pics soon.

OK, just sitting here tapping my foot waiting for pics.....:rolleyes:

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I agree w/ Jon. Too many curves equalls too many stitching seams.

·
Registered
43 Posts
well i did all of mine myself with furniture upholstery, its duraplush suede that is used by Benchcraft, it is manufactured by Culp Textile Co., but anyway i covered the vertical sides first then cut the peices for the horizontal peices and folded and glued the ends over. then glued them in place on the pillars over the edges of the vertical sides... it turned out good. this is the only pic that i can find but i will take better pics and post them when i get off of work

here is the link to my cardomain site... it shows all the pillars and the shift boot
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/755468/2

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
That suede is kicking. How much would that material cost for someone who isn't in the industry? It looks great.

·
Registered
43 Posts
the stuf runs about $250 to $300 a roll... i am working on getting connections to be able to order it... i hada friend pull some strings to get mine... if i can ever get it lined up i will let you guys know but there is no promise that i can pull it off.

I used 3M High Strength 90 and then came over that with a layer of 3M Super 77 to help it stick quicker.

I had no problem doing the c-pillars and i did my whole interior by myself while i was on crutches with a broken femur

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
apparently you've done this before. I havent. I got one c pillar finished. so one more rear pillar then i'm all done.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.