Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
Truthfully, this will do nothing in the area of stiffening. xB's have shocks in the rear, so a "strut bar" is more of a showpiece than a functioning item, as it connects to the studs on the shock (which I was never comfortable with). I have a set of home-made trunk bars that offer a degree of body stiffening, but if you want chassis stiffening, go with your latter idea and get the sway bar.

GT Spec used to make a rear "sway bar for the xB.

And years ago, an engineering buddy of mine who was a member here made one (which he gave me when he sold his box - it's still sitting in my garage).

For the record, my home-made trunk bars.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Truthfully, this will do nothing in the area of stiffening. xB's have shocks in the rear, so a "strut bar" is more of a showpiece than a functioning item, as it connects to the studs on the shock (which I was never comfortable with). I have a set of home-made trunk bars that offer a degree of body stiffening, but if you want chassis stiffening, go with your latter idea and get the sway bar.

GT Spec used to make a rear "sway bar for the xB.

And years ago, an engineering buddy of mine who was a member here made one (which he gave me when he sold his box - it's still sitting in my garage).

For the record, my home-made trunk bars.

That makes sense. I'm still new to the whole suspension aspect of things. I just got a Hotchkis front sway bar and Energy Suspension endlinks. I just have to get the rebuild kit for the FSB before I can install it.

I only ask because I see them for other vehicles and there's really nothing for the xB, but now I understand why. Although, if used in conjunction with a RSB, would it help more or still just more of a show piece?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I learned something new today! Guess I'll just invest into a RSB instead of something like that. Thanks for the info DTrain, btw did those custom trunk bars help at all or just show?

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
While they do exert some pressure to the body, I don't drive my car hard enough to notice, therefore they are showy LOL!

They are based on the Weapon R rear brace, minus the C-Pillar bars.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah I see. Well at least they'd work better than the tower bar in the rear. Either way, thanks for the info!

·
Bock's Car
1,089 Posts
My bad I guess I half ass looked at that I was on my way to bed. I thought it was a sway bar. Lol

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could you not also use this bar to attach a 4 point harness if you're crazy enough to have sport/racing seats in the rear as well?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts