Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted the centerconsole in the scion to meet up at the front and hug the dash. Now that has become a reality

These pics are of my dash currently its just pieced together not screwed all the way in I've changed my mind quite a bit and just wanted to get some feedback on what you guys liked/disliked about it
I plan on adding a screen at the front but currently its just white vinyl

SO many trips to home depot have been quite annoying :mad:

like it hate it I'd like to hear what you think

KEEP IN MIND if its hanging off its cause its not 100% done just yet

thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
It's not held together very well.

J/K

It's pretty sweet, you said there will be a screen on the lower panel eventually too? Very nice. One thing, you may want to make the armpad black, that's hard enough to keep clean. Keep updating w/progress.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I had given this some thought as well. I was thinking more of using fiberglass to be able to get a smoother shape. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no progress pics but i made some progress today i now know what im gonna do im gonna add a little black vinyl to contrast it looks much better with it

hopefully no more rain and ill be all set

·
Registered
239 Posts
i wouldent be able to live w/o cup holders... i dunno... its a nice job but i wouldent do it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flecs said:
i wouldent be able to live w/o cup holders... i dunno... its a nice job but i wouldent do it
you spoke too soon ill have pics by tomorrow night ;) gotta love ebay

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flecs said:
you spoke too soon:D ill have pics by tomorrow night ;) gotta love ebay

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Viva la cupholders

Well its still pieced to gether at the moment but here is the cupholder
i may add on at the passengers feet on the right hand side as well extending off of the main dash but i havent test fit it yet

·
Registered
239 Posts
better for sure... ill need to see it finished for my final opinion! lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not too shabby!

Just a trick I learned, try some contact cement to hold the edges tight, and carefully heat up the vinyl with a hair dryer to get a nice tight stretch, the cement will hold it there permanently, just try to get it right the first attempt, contact cement is not forgiving, it never lets go once it makes contact, but it makes one heck of a permanent bond! your on the right track, .....I gotta agree, I need those cup holders as well! Good luck!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BRANT said:
Just a trick I learned, try some contact cement to hold the edges tight, and carefully heat up the vinyl with a hair dryer to get a nice tight stretch, the cement will hold it there permanently, just try to get it right the first attempt, contact cement is not forgiving, it never lets go once it makes contact, but it makes one heck of a permanent bond! your on the right track, .....I gotta agree, I need those cup holders as well! Good luck!
thanks i did it mostly on hot days but i used a staple gun and som eparticle board much much easier in my opinion i tried glue but it was all garbage and peeled up i was gonna try gorilla glue but found the staples to work well

i have to redo the armrest top part a bit and then im done it want bad for my 1st time messing with vinyl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.