Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got up the courage to do the headlight mod (thanks to the folks on this forum:)) and it was alot easier than I thought it would be. If youre thinking about doing this, DO IT!! The pics on the site dont do this mod justice, it looks killer! A big THANKS to all the folks that did a write up on how to do the mod! Here's a couple pics (yes I know my box is filthy)....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
That looks sooooo good!! I finally found someone to do mine too! I cant wait!

It'll hold me over until I get my new hl's! :)

Good job!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
i want to do mine, i'm just to scared.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. It only took about 2 hours beginning to end.

LuvKrssy said:
i want to do mine, i'm just to scared.
Dont be afraid, it really wasnt that hard. Just follow the instructions on the forum, and it goes really easy:)

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Jeff is currently doing mine this very second! He's gonna post pics later I guess. I'm excited to see them all done! :D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Good job, now you need some Silverstars.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
i finshed smoking the housing and put it on my xb.. dont do it.. look hella tight but the smoked housing killed the light output.. i got HID.. it like driving with those cheap halo projector.......

anyone want to buy them cuz i am put my other cleared len headlight on

smoked one is for sale

post pic tommorow

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Padanky said:
Good job, now you need some Silverstars.
Yeah I know, maybe next payday :) That yellow bulb does kinda bug me :D

hayalex6 said:
which method did you use?
I baked them. I figured if I messed them up, I would just get a set of aftermarket lights for it, but after doing it, I found that it is harder to mess up than I thought. The HL was nowhere near melting, and came apart fairly easy. I may still do halo's eventually, but I really didnt want to take it out of my rim money :D. I Still need to ditch the hubcaps.....

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
boxd_up said:
Good job! Looks really good on the black, especially, don't it? :)
OMG YES!!! The black makes it stand out! I got to see it in bright sunlight today for the first time, and I love this mod. It really stands out. My Mom came over to visit today, and she noticed it as soon as she saw it, and said it looked alot better. I never even told her I did it. She thought I got a new set of HL's. I am so happy I did it now, the box is coming along nicely. Now the next big thing is rims :D.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DTRAIN619 said:
Matt and Jeff, you've both inspired me to go the "Easy Bake Oven" method!
Trust me, you can do it! It was really easy. That PW will thank you!:)

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Matt and Jeff, you've both inspired me to go the "Easy Bake Oven" method!
Ummmm...you may need a little more heat than that...lmao ;) :D

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
you can tell he has a daughter by the fact that he knows the wattage on an Easy Bake Oven bulb :p

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
"you can tell he has a daughter by the fact that he knows the wattage on an Easy Bake Oven bulb"

Ha ha!!! :p Jeff too! I can only imagine what Christmas morning must have been like. "Daaaaaad, can I use it now???"

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.