1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have any probs with the tsudo? Good look? Not too loud? Im leaning on that one it seems better for some reason.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
toaster_pilot said:
have any probs with the tsudo? Good look? Not too loud? Im leaning on that one it seems better for some reason.
No worries other than the burnt spot on my rear lip. The Tsudo has a big opening so be careful that you don't let it get to close to the plastic. The sound was nice, not too loud.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, yeah i was worried about the 4.5 inch tip...will have to be careful i guess. thanks

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ebay exhaust = crap.
Axle back exhausts = waste of money

If you want to put an exhaust on your car that will actually do more for it than make it louder do yourself a favor and find a muffler shop that will fabricate a cat-back system for you. You will save yourself serious money over any of these kits you can buy.

Fabricating it yourself or having a shop fabricate it allows you to save money on parts, plus you get to pick the muffler you want to use as well as a tip you like.

I would use 2.25" mandrel bent tubing. There is no reason what so ever to go any larger than that unless you are running a turbo or supercharger.

Next thing is to make sure you have the shop install a resonator or cherry bomb under the car between the cat and the rear suspension. The purpose of this is to take the raspy tone out of your exhaust. If you skip on the resonator or cherry bomb your car will sound like a weed whipper.

I went with a Borla muffler and a 28" long resonator and my exhaust sounds great. I have a full cat-back system so I have more gains than any axle-back will ever get me, plus it only cost me about $150 in parts.

If you have a shop do the fab work expect to pay slightly more for parts plus $100-$150 for install. I did it myself so it just cost me the $150.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i run it the tsudo & love it 59 $ cant go wrong well round up 60 $ some change

you can see it good no bumper lolololol

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as far as the tip possibly messing with the bumber what methods can be used to prevent or help stop it from melting itf its too close? (stock bumper)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I agree with Ctruss. Don't waste your time on an axle back. Yup, even cheap axle-backs. Go to a local exhaust shop, pick out a tip, a muffler and glass pack (resonator). Then have them run 2.25" from the cat-back. You won't find any local muffle shop with a mandrel bender, but you'll still see better gains for less money than a typical aftermarket axle-back.

After installing the Magnaflow cat-back on my wife's car the other day, I highly recommend it. Great sound, and it is very subtle when you aren't pushing the car. If you can't swing the high price for their cat-back, just use one of their mufflers, a cheap glass pack and a cheap tip to have your local exhaust shop put a system together for you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
toaster_pilot I just recieved that same exhaust that you linked in the first post... If you want a different look and sound for your exhaust..but no real hp/tq gain then that exhaust will be fine for you... I have been thru 4 diffrent exhaust in a year... The 2 best were my 2.25" Magnaflow header back exhaust and my 2.5" turbo back exhaust.. both were made for power.. But both axles backs I will have owned were for looks and sound.. So choose what is best for you and what your needs are... As for the burning of the bumper lip.. Zip ties are your freinds, they will solve any issue you have with movement of the exhaust, so it wont burn the bumper..

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im not all that worried about hp gain. I mainly just want a smooth sound and personally i just like the look, any extra push is just icing. Thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
869 Posts
dude a exaust is a exaust!.....what you should do is compair the one you want with a "name brand" one and i bet all you will find is you are paying for the name on the box it came in......exaust that claim to increaste hp..are so minute....like 2 or 3hp at the most......and i bet that the e-bay exaust will dyno the same as the name brands.....just a idea but to prevent the exaust from burning your bumper you could try and use a longer rubber hager....one thing to look for in a exaust system is the less bends and twists the better....if you look close at all the diffrent brands i bet you will notice that most of them all have diffrent bends to them

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
ctruss said:
Ebay exhaust = crap.
Axle back exhausts = waste of money

If you want to put an exhaust on your car that will actually do more for it than make it louder do yourself a favor and find a muffler shop that will fabricate a cat-back system for you. You will save yourself serious money over any of these kits you can buy.

Fabricating it yourself or having a shop fabricate it allows you to save money on parts, plus you get to pick the muffler you want to use as well as a tip you like.

I would use 2.25" mandrel bent tubing. There is no reason what so ever to go any larger than that unless you are running a turbo or supercharger.

Next thing is to make sure you have the shop install a resonator or cherry bomb under the car between the cat and the rear suspension. The purpose of this is to take the raspy tone out of your exhaust. If you skip on the resonator or cherry bomb your car will sound like a weed whipper.

I went with a Borla muffler and a 28" long resonator and my exhaust sounds great. I have a full cat-back system so I have more gains than any axle-back will ever get me, plus it only cost me about $150 in parts.

If you have a shop do the fab work expect to pay slightly more for parts plus $100-$150 for install. I did it myself so it just cost me the $150.
depends on teh ebay exhaust. all depends upon the brand.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Wow, I wish custom work WAS that cheap. 150 for parts? 150 for labor? That's way awesome. I don't see that happening in STL anytime soon....

·
Registered
82 Posts
To the OP.. I installed the $109 exhaust today and the sound and look is awsome.. I would give it two thumbs up.. Plus it come with the silencer..for long road trips, so you dont have to listen to drone for the whole trip. Not sure if it helped any with hp/tq..becasue I installed an SRI at the same time.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i did my fully custom dual can center exhaust , resonator , 2.0 inch (best size for optimal power , torque , and sound) piping , which widens into 2.25 which meets up to my mufflers. total cost about 350 or 400.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well, i ordered the tsudo. cant be too bad and it does come with the silencer. Gonna order a fujita sri now, def going name brand for that mod. After christmas should ahve installed my exhaust, intake and tail lights, maybe even a bunmber billet. We'll see.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
toaster_pilot said:
well, i ordered the tsudo. cant be too bad and it does come with the silencer. Gonna order a fujita sri now, def going name brand for that mod. After christmas should ahve installed my exhaust, intake and tail lights, maybe even a bunmber billet. We'll see.
I think you'll be happy with it. Later when you have more cash you can go for duals or something like that. Enjoy. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.