Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought a new P3300BT Pioneer Head Unit and have everything prepared to install, but then realized I had not taken the woofer into account during my planning. Can the 8" Factory tube be rewired or simply plugged in to function with the new HU? Any suggestions or experience with this would be much appreciated.

Just bought a new P3300BT Pioneer Head Unit and have everything prepared to install, but then realized I had not taken the woofer into account during my planning. Can the 8" Factory tube be rewired or simply plugged in to function with the new HU? Any suggestions or experience with this would be much appreciated.
Oh btw, it's on my '06. I know the stock units vary a bit from year to year even in the gen1 xb's

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any experience with this sort of thing would be a big help. I'd rather be prepared, than do lots of extra work bc I 'F'ed up a connection here and there. :confused:

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
The Toyota Bazooka tube has a harnees that plugs into the cars stock deck harness. As long as you use an adapter harness for the new deck to the stock wiring harness you should be ok.

Bazooka has its own forum, the techs there will help too.

Bazooka has its own forum, the techs there will help too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still have the manual but thanks loads for the help. Hoping bazooka can put me in the right direction from here. If I'm lucky the new pioneer HU will already have the necessary adapter.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so, I have the HU and sub working great except for that stupid ground wire designed to work with the ebrake. I want to wire it so that it can't interfere with me while mobile. Obviously not what you are "supposed" to do, but would it be possible to wire it to a dummy switch I have so that it can simulate the ebrake?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts