Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this before but cant remember where....does anyone know where i can find a how-to on making the rear wiper arm point straight up instead of laying flat? i would appreciate it:D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You should have to just pop the car off the nut holding wiper on, remove the nut and wiper and turn the wiper how you want it and tighten everything back up. I haven't done it, but I don't see how it wouldn't work.

May have to turn it on to a certain point and attach it, not sure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but if i did that wouldnt it turn the wrong way? i think when i seen it you had to turn the motor or something to that effect or rewire it...something

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Supaglove said:
but if i did that wouldnt it turn the wrong way? i think when i seen it you had to turn the motor or something to that effect or rewire it...something
I'm thinking.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I guess, test it out before you just let it go swinging away.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You can't turn the motor.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
If it gets to crazy just shut the key off. Go for it, you can do it!:)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
My friend did it with his Protege5 when I had one and he said he just switched it around and it worked.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your right ill do it tommorow...it'll give me something to do...i can take the wiper arm off on the front right to move it? ha if someone gets real close to the side i can turn it on and hit them with it

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Supaglove said:
Your right ill do it tommorow...it'll give me something to do...i can take the wiper arm off on the front right to move it? ha if someone gets real close to the side i can turn it on and hit them with it
Let me know, and if it works do a how-to (why not).

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^ There you go ^^^

·
Registered
60 Posts
The odds are if you reposition the wiper in the up mode it will contiue in the same directionright off the hatch however if you were to reverse the wires on the wiper motor it should cause it to swing down from the up position.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.