Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very interested in buying a Scion xb for the interesting design with the Toyota reliability. Doing some research, I found numerous complaints about windhields cracking, probably due to the shape of the car and stress it puts on the windshield. I was wondering if this problem was ever addressed and fixed in later models?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm very interested in buying a Scion xb for the interesting design with the Toyota reliability. Doing some research, I found numerous complaints about windhields cracking, probably due to the shape of the car and stress it puts on the windshield. I was wondering if this problem was ever addressed and fixed in later models?
I once heard they fixed the windshield issue in 2005 or 2006, but I do not know if this is true or not. But what I can tell you is that my xB is a 2005 and its still on its original windshield.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Didn't have structural design issue but did have the rust under the trim piece that needed bodywork to fix the pillar leaks it had. no other rust on vehicle. reveal moulding issue if anything. have seen many posts about same issue. I would expect rock chips at frwy speed due to the vertical angle of the windshield tho. old glass had several from it's previous life. no frwy daily driver now so fresh glass and no leaks makes me smile....

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,533 Posts
It's more of an issue of having a tall upright windshield. Becomes a rock magnet.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I've owned mine since 2005 and I've only replaced my windshield once due to a rock hitting my xB on the freeway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Speaking as an original owner of an 06, yes it was a problem which Toyota had to reimburse owners for. Don't know if it was an installation problem at the factory, but my replaced windshield has been fine for the past decade or so.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We had a 2006 until we bought our 2012 and never heard of this. Our granddaughters also had 2006's, and their friends also = never heard of this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Always a question of where and how you are driving but this is Not A Showstopper! I am extremely happy with my Xb. Windshield original and does def show a lot of pings but will replace with a modern one. Just buy it. It’s a rare breed.

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB
1 Posts
I was a month in owning the xB 1st gen and gravel truck chipped my windshield, it sound like a boulder. No issues with integrity or rust. It's been an Arizona/So Cal car all it's life though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 05 almost has 300k miles and is still on the original windshield. Has a couple small knicks from rocks but it still passes the state inspection. These are good little cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts