Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am running a wire from a replacment mirror down to fuse box, and am wondering, as it is stamped "side airbag" on the cover of the windshield post, if that cover is removable, and if it is a project. i don't want to start screwing with it, and have the airbag pop or something.
Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive mirror Automotive lighting
thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
I would think it just snaps into place but I would have to check manual to be sure.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,630 Posts
It pops off, mostly. There is a clip at the top that you need to turn the whole pillar sideward to remove it, or squeeze loose with a screwdriver. It's there to keep it from hitting you in the face if the airbag does off. Pull the door rubber and pop off the pillar as much as you can. Then use a flashlight to look near the top and you'll see the clip I'm talking about. You can use a flat head screwdriver to get it to squeeze together a bit and release. No worry about the airbag, the pillar is just a cover for it. Run your wire behind the airbag when you put in there so it doesn't get torn in half in an accident.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It pops off, mostly. There is a clip at the top that you need to turn the whole pillar sideward to remove it, or squeeze loose with a screwdriver. It's there to keep it from hitting you in the face if the airbag does off. Pull the door rubber and pop off the pillar as much as you can. Then use a flashlight to look near the top and you'll see the clip I'm talking about. You can use a flat head screwdriver to get it to squeeze together a bit and release. No worry about the airbag, the pillar is just a cover for it. Run your wire behind the airbag when you put in there so it doesn't get torn in half in an accident.
i already "glued the wire to the side, but if i do mess with it again, i will try that. i got paranoid about the airbag.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,630 Posts
i already "glued the wire to the side, but if i do mess with it again, i will try that. i got paranoid about the airbag.
The air bag is actually up under the headliner on the side, it's just the bottom that is at the top edge of the pillar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts