Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping some of you detailing experts can provide advice here. I got my xB about 2 weeks ago and I have a problem with the windshield. It looks speckled. It was like that when I bought it. I thought it was just sap or dirt, but I have washed it and also scrubbed the glass pretty firmly with a washer at the gas station the other day with no improvement. So, I am pretty sure it isn't sap at all. I tried scratching at it with my fingernail, but it didn't do anything and I couldn't really feel if the spots were on top of the glass or if the glass was damaged. Today, I took a safety pin to see what it felt like, and it was almost the glass was etched or something as if it were blasted with sand or small pebbles. The visibility is horrible when driving towards a sunrise or sunset. I have attached a pic. These marks completely cover the windshield.

So, what are my options here, is there anything I can do myself to take care of this?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
887 Posts
mine is the same way, its bascially sand blasted from dirt and debirs from the road. i havent found anyway to clear it up, glass polish helped a lilttle but still not much. in the end i just had the windshield replaced after i got a few rock ships also. after about 6 months the new one looks the same way ( i drive 150-200 miles a day) sux to drive facing the sun with all the little specs

·
Registered
3 Posts
mine is the same way, its bascially sand blasted from dirt and debirs from the road. i havent found anyway to clear it up, glass polish helped a lilttle but still not much. in the end i just had the windshield replaced after i got a few rock ships also. after about 6 months the new one looks the same way ( i drive 150-200 miles a day) sux to drive facing the sun with all the little specs
will a bug deflector prevent it by deflecting debris over the car?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
A bug deflector may help some. The real issue is the angle of the windshield. And the close proximity to the front end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts