Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
i assume that its the outside of the window right? if so try using rubbing alcohol, see if that'll work. pour it on a clean white rag, and dab and wipe.
rubbing alcohol wont hurt the glass and it takes off pretty much alot of stuff like adhesive, sap, etc. white rag will show color if its other than water.

also, can you feel roughness or raised feel on the spots?

·
pastormatt
349 Posts
Water Spots

I deal with this alot at our detail shop. The problem is acid rain. If left long it will permananetly etch in your glass.

The problem is acid has attatched to the glass and requires another acid to take it off.

ThunderGod is right, alcohol is great for sap and other things like that, however, acid rain requires an acid

Here is a little over the counter trick.

Coca-Cola contains phosphorus acid... pour the coke on the glass and buff it out with a little elbow grease and put some on your rag and rub it. Then make sure to wash the whole car.

For a fresh acid rain attatchment this should work, if not, you may need to stop by a REAL detail shop and ask them if they have an acid rain remover or hard water stain remover for etched glass.

If you can't find a shop that knows what that is, email me and I will give you some information of where you can buy it yourself.

Hope that helps.

Pastor Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.