Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i ordered a set of in-channel auto ventshade from ebay but as i was fitting the rear windows, it doesnt fit... the shade was like about 5mm longer... i called the shop and they said that if the xB was made from Japan then it wont fit... is it true that the Japan made ones are a little different on the back? i really want a visor shade but dont want to go the sticky route... im looking for an in-channel visor... can anybody help me find one that will fit...

Thank you...

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
i say thats bull crap. all xB are made in Japan.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What? Sounds like a typical parts guy to me. My husband works at a shop and they constantly send wrong parts. I loved the time he got a old used seat belt in a box from the dealer that was supposed to be a new one.

Anyway, I have the Wades. No fitment issues and over a year later they are still scratch and crack free. My only problem is that they push the gasket out a bit but that eventually settles back down. (not completely however) The sticky 3M stuff shows a bit in a few spots. I think I paid 45.00 shipped so they are a good deal. In the Florida heat with thunderstorms near daily in the summer they really help.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you all.. thats exactly what i said... so i didnt want to deal with their bs and the sucky service so i was like forget it just give me my money back...

so, WADE hu... hmmm, where can i find them? i need to pick one up soon for the summer...

·
Registered
234 Posts
xBx29xEF said:
thank you all.. thats exactly what i said... so i didnt want to deal with their bs and the sucky service so i was like forget it just give me my money back...

so, WADE hu... hmmm, where can i find them? i need to pick one up soon for the summer...
Just look on ebay and make sure they say they are Wades. I can't remember who I ordered mine through but it was a real store and I got them quick. I found them just doing a google search but ebay was the cheapest.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have the wades too, love them here in the Midwest, helps keep the car from being a complete oven in the summer.

you can get them from fujiz.com, or there are several other places, just make sure they are the wades.

·
Registered
4 Posts
weathershild visors

hey ,weathershield also makes a set that just slides into the channel,no glue or sticky tape,ill get info tomorrow on the manufacturer

·
Registered
454 Posts
yeah man I had that same problem with my auto ventshades, if I wasn't so desperate for them and they were a gift I would have sent them packing. They scratched my front windows, I couldn't roll up the back windows without hitting them, the passenger side busted. . .on and on with the list of problems.
I ended up getting the knock off Esam's, I would suggest them but you want inchannel. sigh, I hear only good things about the wade's. . . sounds like that's the major consensus. . .ha ha ha

·
Registered
89 Posts
Weathertech makes a set that are very nice. They are a little more expensive at about $100 a set but the quality is far superior to VentShade. The eSams and the eSam knock offs are also a good choice if you dont mind sticking things to your car...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
IAxB said:
you can get them from fujiz.com, or there are several other places, just make sure they are the wades.
Ditto, I have the same ones and The Fujiz is the place.

-Alex

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Orataro is coming up with a JDM copy. cool thing about it, it might also be in clear color and its a 6 pc, including a piece for the rear most glass(I know its not funtional, just for looks).
the clear might look tight on PW(attn TAZ).

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
sid said:
Orataro is coming up with a JDM copy. cool thing about it, it might also be in clear color and its a 6 pc, including a piece for the rear most glass(I know its not funtional, just for looks).
I was just looking at those on the SE site, Sid. I was wondering when someone would come out with something like this. But.... "These are made to match the Toyota bB Vent Visors." :(

I really hope he makes a 6 piece, and maybe the FFF again!!

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
update:

I got the "WADE" and its on my box... i will take pictures of it soon, this weekend... I like them more than the piece of crap auto ventshade...
Thank you all for the suggestions...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
sid said:
Nice, very very nice! The one's that were for sale on SL have gone up to 175.00 I wonder what the tag on these will be?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I just added the Wade brand to my box.They seem to be a quality piece.Fit on the front was fine although the rears seemed to be a bit tight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.