Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys. I see alot of choice rides have smoke colored vent shades. Who has the best looking and QUALITY product. TorchedBox is on the move in sunny NM. So got to let the heat out this summer, besides Granny is hankerin for a Vegas run in May so got to look good for the cruizin. Advice appreciated... :D :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Two sets come to mind.

1. Weathertech/Wade
2. Esam's or the knock offs

Stay away front AVS (auto vent shade) I had a set and they scratched my windows, one of them broke the day after I put them on. Specifically the rear passenger side. Many people have complained about the AVS but most sing the praises of the Wade's. I switched up to the Esam knock offs. At $120 bucks I was weary of the quality but when I got them I was pretty stoked. My friend has the real ones, and beside a few cosmetic differences and the fact that some of us got windo rattles from them knocking against the windows I'm happy with them. Even a year after I got them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm cheap and there is no way I was spending anywhere close to $100 on shades.

I got the Wades on ebay for $40 shipped and they are great. No wind rattles, no breaking, nothing but trouble free shades for a good price! I could care less about JMD parts or their clones. I just get what looks good!!!!

If you want pics just pm me a email addy and I'll send some.

Cheers

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
I was thinking about picking up the ES's (Esam knockoffs), but not sure on the quality. I drive alot on the freeway at about 80mph so I don't want them to fly off. So how is the application using the 3m tape on those? Is there alot of wind noise after you installed? Any window rubbing?
Basically are they worth the $120 that people are charging for these?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have the Wades also.I did a bunch of research prior to buying the "in channel" style.Stay away from the Auto Vent Shade brand and stick to the wades if you go that route.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have the esam copies and they are good. I dont have any problems with them flying off. As long as you install the visor correctly there is no problem.

Mike

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
i got the Toyota bB window visors. it works/looks nice, but it cost an arm and a leg ($230 from my bro's hookup).

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
^^^^Does your hookup like club XB members also??? ;)

·
AKA Black Box
322 Posts
Esams knockoffs, stayed on at 100MPH, had to test, a little wind noise at those speed, but for $40, cant beat it, compared to a freind with the esams, he was supprised to see they were the same.

·
AKA Black Box
322 Posts
none for sale right now, when i bought mine, it was the only one, seems tehy throw them out now and again, took them over a monthto get here in a box that looked like it had gone to hell and back, but they were in good condition. Came out of japan. ill keep a eye out and post and that i see.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the smoked Wades in-channel, also on eBay, for around $55 shipped. They were easy installation and I think they look great. I think these would possibly be more likely to stay on than the external ones that go on the outside of the window frame, but I do have a friend with a Toyota Tacoma who has had the external AVS kind for over a year and never had a problem with them coming off. Of course, with either version, you can get more 3M adhesive and put 'em back in :) Also, the one nice thing about the external kind is that they also cover that little non-moving rear passenger window section whereas the in-channel ones I got don't cover that section.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the Weathertechs. Good build quality, but only problem is front pass door side one is cut too long or something as it makes the window seal bulge out. Never really think about it as I never see that side of car. No rattles or leaks. Nice to have when it rains. Have a set on our van as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.