Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this topic got me started in finding clubxb...

I was actually looking for a style that was on the blue bBist xB by esams. However I took a second look at the price and saw $235... I have decided to not get those. I ended up getting the basic in channel set that has been sold nearly everywhere. I like em and they look good.

However, they seem to like my power windows. Needless to say I shattered my drivers side one and had to get another. Thankfully the dealer saw what I meant and gave me another drivers side. We then installed it and tried to put some sticky tape on it to prevent it from doing it again. Well it's not holding up so well...

I don't want to spend much on these parts but it's looking like I might not have any choice. I remember getting a set for my truck that taped on the outside. I've seen a few around but don't know where to get them. The others I have seen are also in the $200 range!! I just want a simple window deflector that's not going to get broken and won't bust my wallet...

Any help is appreciated. I'm looking in the $40-$60 range.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Gcat007 said:
I remember getting a set for my truck that taped on the outside. I've seen a few around but don't know where to get them. The others I have seen are also in the $200 range!! I just want a simple window deflector that's not going to get broken and won't bust my wallet...

Any help is appreciated. I'm looking in the $40-$60 range.
I have looked for the ones that go on the outside also.I haven't seen them yet.I have also been interested in that style rather than the "in channel" type

·
Registered
193 Posts
i bought some on ebay and only paid around $40 something for them...shipping included....make sure you get them in really good...i let my windows up 5 or 6 times to make sure i had a good fit..it wanted to catch on the back windows, but the more you do it the easier it gets...then after you get them fitting you need to leave them alone...the tape needs to set up...and remember, don't let your windows up and down for at least 72 hours..

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ashley06xb said:
i bought some on ebay and only paid around $40 something for them...shipping included....make sure you get them in really good...i let my windows up 5 or 6 times to make sure i had a good fit..it wanted to catch on the back windows, but the more you do it the easier it gets...then after you get them fitting you need to leave them alone...the tape needs to set up...and remember, don't let your windows up and down for at least 72 hours..
Did all that and still ended up getting one crunched. Honestly when I did it the second time we had a nice heat wave down here. That might have screwed things up again.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
The esam's (ones that stick on the outside) are actaully very nice. they have a rubber strip at the bottom that goes against the window on the front and rear visors. this creates a nice stream of air going through the car. or so i've heard i haven't gotten mine yet. :( maybe in a month or so.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Here's my experience w/ E'sams.

I was riding w/ Steve in his xB, and we went to see some friends in SD. On the rip down, Steve had a cigarette or two. He only had his side windows cracked, and gues what, I could not smell the cigarette smoke.

Then, on the way back to his place, he cracked open the two back windows and turned on the heater, the xB was warm in about a minute.

Those experiences alone sold me on the E'sams. I was sticker shocked also wehn he told me how much they were. For some reason, they are able to create a suction and have really good air flow.

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from Vegas and... crunched another set... Not happy at all.

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and save up for a set of the esams. Just wish the dang things weren't so expensive.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Gcat007 said:
Just got back from Vegas and... crunched another set... Not happy at all.

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and save up for a set of the esams. Just wish the dang things weren't so expensive.
what are you doing to them?:confused:

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ashley06xb said:
what are you doing to them?:confused:
Nothing that I can tell from anything wrong. The passengers side is fine and dandy. No problems whatsoever. It's the drivers side. I even put an extra thing of sticky tape to help keep it secure.

Whenever I roll the window up while driving it seems to catch a little bit of the lip in the upper corner. This time as usual it hit it again and instead of giving way like it does it decided to catch and crack snapple pop... broken upper lip of window deflector.

It's most likely just me and a curse. Every car I get has one. My last car the thing would just die. I went through every little battery/electrical connection and tightened, replaced, cleaned and what not. We ran test after test and nothing. Then I would drive and at least once (sometimes more) a month it would die for no reason. I guess the good thing was it always started up. Passengers inside would think I stalled it until they realised it was an automatic.

I'm doomed until I can muster the courage and the $$$ to buy the esams... Maybe I'll do a calendar via cafepress to help fund it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
i haven't had any problems with mine...you can tell a difference letting the window up and down...mine catches just a little bit but not enough to crack it...sorry you had problems...maybe the new ones will work better for you

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
i personally bought weathertech visors from my parts department at my work. no complaints at all about them. work great. i paid 90 with my discount for all 4. i think its like 160 ish for retail

·
Registered
352 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
I really really like these but can someone please tell me what they are REALLY for?? :eek:
the window deflectors are used so that you are able to crack your window for fresh air while raining and water cant get in. basically. they are "weather guards". kinda almost invented for those who smoke, and they want to lite one up while its raining but still have the window open to let the smoke vent out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Weathertechs or Wades are the only way to go. I got the Wades from deflectors4less.com for $59 shipped. They fit perfect and cause no interference with the glass. I did have to add a few dabs of black silicone to the rears to keep them in position, but it's in the channel so you can't see it.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I just installed the In-Channel visors but the ones I got are AVS Auto ventshade, don't like them. The rears I have to push the corner out to keep from catching, the fronts are OK but from getting them situated I ended up catching the corner by the mirror and Snap, off go's the corner.

I don't think I'll have them on for too long, I like rolling with all my windows down. Too much of a hassle.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.