Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i know i can do searches and all that. but i prefer to stay here on clubxb so...any tricks or tips with window cleaning?

i have tried windex, some blue "gel" stuff...nothing ever does what i want it too.

i stepped back from my car this morning and my window has this haze on it...I HATE THAT!

is it best to do in the shade? cooler temps? any specific product work better than others?

i have always had bad luck with window cleaning lol in fact sometimes i dont even touch the windows because of the streaks and haze which annoy the hell out of me!!!

any links or simple tips would be cool...yes i know some of you are thinking this is a retarded thing to post about. but...i am a dork so..deal with it! :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
ok where is the haze?? Interior or exterior?? If it is on interior stop using Armor all ... Armorall or products made by armorall once then start to evaporate crate a haze on the inside of the car on the glass ... If it is on the outside... i dont know .. i dont have that problem ... only thing i can think is if you clean the windows while how obviously it will streak and that might be the haze ..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya know i think the haze is now inside, i tried cleaning the inside with the gel stuff and i think now its all hazed up lol

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Like Shorty said, if the haze is on the inside, something is being deposited on the glass...

Armor All is one group of products known for this, as are some 'air freshner' products. Anything that 'evaporates' while in the car can leave deposits on the glass - it's got to go somewhere, and the glass is often the coolest surface in the car, and that's where it will condense.

I've also seen this happen to glass with fabric protectants/cleaners on the uphosltry, and even if something just gets sucked into the heater/air conditioner intakes and gets deposited inside. (Another good argument for cabin air filters - they can actually help.)

Good luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
this may sound stupuid but i always use newspaper to clean my windows and it always does a great job for me. that is just my two cents worth.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
I use a can spray cleaner that can be found at Costco - My window tinter uses it and said it was the only safe thing to use on tinted film - all the windex type products will slowly eat away at the film.....This stuff is so easy - spray it on like spraypaint and wipe it off with a terrycloth towel.....I've always hated cleaning windows untill I got this stuff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks all for the input. I got a couple ideas.

while i was out today i just got some windex wipes...they worked better then the spray stuff lol...i dont have to worry about putting to much or to little i just grab one and go....i'll notice the inside haze more tomorrow i'll look for it.

i might try newspaper...i heard about that somewhere a long time ago but had forgotten about it!!!

thanks again :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Make sure whatever you use does not have ammonia in it especially if you have tinted windows the ammonia will ruin your tint film. I use Stoner Invisible Glass which does a pretty good job and is safe for tinted windows.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Water and a Microfiber towel. That's all I use and I'm streakless with fogging. I tired just about every product on the market and ended up sticking with this method. The newspaper works awesome as well but it's messy on the hands/interior if you're not careful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A bit late but I know this will help others in the future....Definately a microfiber towel but the terry cloth looking one not the rayon "thin" type for when it's been thouroughly cleaned. But to get it that way in your case because of the hazing use some rubbing alcohol on a terry cloth towel, paper towel or similar (it doesn't really matter). For those who are interested it's an old smokers trick!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
NEWSPAPER, the ink is like ultra fine sand paper and will polish the glass. And I use windex or warm soap and water. If you ride alot with the windows down the back windows and interior wil lbe nasty!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
NVSHSKR said:
Make sure whatever you use does not have ammonia in it especially if you have tinted windows the ammonia will ruin your tint film. I use Stoner Invisible Glass which does a pretty good job and is safe for tinted windows.
Stoner is like a heaven sent group of cleaning products. I was gonna say use that to clean the haze...Invisible Glass and a microfiber towel even takes the stupid fog juice residue from my fog machine off the windows.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
lunchbx said:
this may sound stupuid but i always use newspaper to clean my windows and it always does a great job for me. that is just my two cents worth.
lunchbx is right... i sometimes used newspaper... damp newspaper then follow it up with a dry one to dry it off... i never used those windex or any other window solutions coz they leave a mark/haze... just plain ol' water and newspaper...

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
NVSHSKR said:
I use Stoner Invisible Glass which does a pretty good job and is safe for tinted windows.

FDKxB said:
Stoner is like a heaven sent group of cleaning products. I was gonna say use that to clean the haze...Invisible Glass and a microfiber towel......
Just tried the Invisble Glass this week, works really well with the microfiber towel IMO.

·
Registered
367 Posts
1 word: Squeegee. (That doesnt look right....might be misspelled)

It is all you will ever need for streak free glass. No chemicals (I use H2O), nothing to buy (except the squeegee), and I can do my entire box (inside and out) in under 10 minutes. Looks like I dont even have glass!

·
Registered
18 Posts
using newspaper with a little water is RIGHT!!!
years of cleaning cars starting off with my brothers trucks & cars I always used newspaper or even afterwards use a nice soft rag. these things will work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.