Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
If it's the control panel on the driver's side your talking about only the one window control that says "Auto" lights up. None of the other controls in the car light up. Kinda sucks :(

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
ummmm..never thought of doing that before. Definately doable, but making little "light windows" on the switches to match the factory (driver's side) look might be a little tough.

·
Registered
869 Posts
hey its funny you all mentioned this.. i was driving along yesterday and i thought of an idea. the idea is to take 4 of the auto switches and replace all of the window switches with the auto switches... im not sure if they will light up or not but it sure would be cool to have the auto feature on all four doors. im not taking credit for this because im sure its already been done... what do you all think of this?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
If I were to do it I think I'd probably very carefully use a dremmel to cut out the little "notch" that is on the switches. Then cut a piece of clear or white acrylic to glue into that notched area that's been cut. From there wire up an led to shine through. Kind of a lot of work for a small light though. Not to sure if it's worth it.

Sid: Did you notice how they did the one you saw?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I read a thread last year that said the auto switches are a different size and would only work in that one spot. Not sure if it's true but that's what I heard. Let us know how that works out for you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I read a thread last year that said the auto switches are a different size and would only work in that one spot. Not sure if it's true but that's what I heard. Let us know how that works out for you.
I took mine apart 3 days ago to see if it was possible. The only way I could see it being done would be to get three more drivers switch panels and change out the switch and the mechinism under switch. It is different than the others. which means redoing the curcuit board.

A little to much work and talent for me.

·
Pensacola Scikotics
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like it's time for you to break out the LED's and start modding. :D
:D My list of things to do this week/weekend........ (1)powder coat calipers and drums (2)Take door panel apart to see if LEDs will work....I know it may be a lot of trouble for such a small light but like how ALL the switches in our Quest light up at night.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Sweet let us know how it turns out and how you did it :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.