Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading around on "the other site" and these forums and I've dug up some interesting info. Apparently a few years ago, Wilwood was developing a rear disc conversion kit for the xB that they gave to their sponsored xB's for SEMA.

Does anyone know the status/state of this kit? It appears they only have a front kit on their site now.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
They never made the rear as far as I know because they did not allow for the emergency brake. The set that was on a certain xb from SEMA has been sold and then sold again I think.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
No i have seen that also. When I first got my xb back in june 2006.. i talked to a guy from wilwood and gave me a number for a dealer that they deal with for a rear disc conversion.. they said it was like $900. I dont think i have the number anymore.. But I'm sure they still have it.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Interesting. Are you sure the wilwood kit disables the parking brake? I thought that was some guy's home conversion to Corolla disks. I'm not sure they would produce or even make a prototype kit that would make the car illegal in certain areas. (Canada for example needs to have a mechanical parking break of some kind.)

As for the kit at SEMA (the one I'm talking about) there has been a few installs. A few boxes in the 1st issue of Siphon Magazine had them, as well as a few I've found on the net. I may have to send Wilwood an email about it...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Back at the '06 Asylum I was next to a guy who had the Willwood rear disk setup.

Supposedly it cost him an arm and a leg to get it, since it's basically a custom setup....they have the plans, just not enough demand.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Back at the '06 Asylum I was next to a guy who had the Willwood rear disk setup.

Supposedly it cost him an arm and a leg to get it, since it's basically a custom setup....they have the plans, just not enough demand.
Interesting. Do you know if he lost the emergency brake with the upgrade?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Mike Ma has this set-up in his car and yes you do lose the rear emergency brakes.

You make want to contact him for more info. I know he changed back to stock and sold the kit to another member on here.

·
Pensacola Scikotics
287 Posts
I emailed Wilwood about the conversion kits for our boxes. I got a return email stating that they are working on rear conversion applications for ALL Scion models and they should have more specific info by the fall. Also got these two links :

Here is some info on what will be in stock soon.
http://www.wilwood.org/fl191.pdf
http://www.wilwood.org/fl192.pdf

-Kevin

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I emailed Wilwood about the conversion kits for our boxes. I got a return email stating that they are working on rear conversion applications for ALL Scion models and they should have more specific info by the fall. Also got these two links :

Here is some info on what will be in stock soon.
http://www.wilwood.org/fl191.pdf
http://www.wilwood.org/fl192.pdf

-Kevin
NICE. I sent them an email, but I still haven't got a response. How long ago did you send them the email and did they give you an estimated release date besides just fall?

·
Registered
691 Posts

It's still working (and looking) awesome too. :)

He will be at this year's Asylum too. www.asylum07.com

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If I remember correctly a company called High on Scion (HighonScion.com) use to have them for just under a grand. I know that they sold off there car and the site has been down for a while.

·
Registered
50 Posts
looking for any info on rear disk setup of any kind. i googled and searched but couldnt find a working link from google. anyone know what other options are availible besides wilwood?? i hear 88 and up corolla gt-s models have the rear disk that can be fabbed to work but you have to splice the ebrake cable in or somthing. i dont really care how its done just want to get some disk's all around.

thanks in advance for anyones help.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Well, things are looking good. Wilwood has released the initial part of the kit mentioned above. The combination parking brake caliper.
http://www.wilwood.com/Products/001-Calipers/033-cpb/index.asp

I also read a thread on "the other site" about someone doing a matrix rear disc brake conversion.

Hmm, apparently, Precision Brake Company had a wilwood big brake kit before they went under also. Anyone happen to have the detalis on this kit?

After checking out archive.org for Precision Brake Company's site, I found out what they charged.

Here is the info for their kit:
14-TL-0052
Rear Brake System - Toyota Scion XB, 325mm x 22mm two-piece rotor (plain) iron
hats with Wilwood drum parking brake assemblies, forged Superlite four piston
caliper, pads, hardware, SS flex hoses and fittings, requires slight modification to
trailing arm

14-TL-0052-D
Rear Brake System - Toyota Scion XB, 325mm x 22mm two-piece rotor (drilled only)
iron hats with Wilwood drum parking brake assemblies, forged Superlite four piston
caliper, pads, hardware, SS flex hoses and fittings, requires slight modification to
trailing arm

14-TL-0052-S
Rear Brake System - Toyota Scion XB, 325mm x 22mm two-piece rotor (slotted
only) iron hats with Wilwood drum parking brake assemblies, forged Superlite four
piston caliper, pads, hardware, SS flex hoses and fittings, requires slight
modification to trailing arm

14-TL-0052-X
Rear Brake System - Toyota Scion XB, 325mm x 22mm two-piece rotor (drilled and
slotted) iron hats with Wilwood drum parking brake assemblies, forged Superlite four
piston caliper, pads, hardware, SS flex hoses and fittings, requires slight
modification to trailing arm

Upon further digging, I found that they started selling all of their kits through Revolution Brake LLC before going under. I did some digging on their site and found that they do *still* have a conversion for our car, but it's been moved to the specialty section now and the cost more than I would have guessed. Info on their kit:

14-TL-0052
RB rear Kit: Toyota Scion xB, 325mm x 22mm two-piece rotor (plain) iron hats with Wilwood style drum
parking brake assemblies, forged Superlite four piston caliper, pads, hardware, SS flex hoses and
fittings, requires sli...
Price: 3445.00

According to their specialty kits product listing, that's the only kit they still carry.

Hopefully this info will be of use to someone.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts