Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing through the stock list of xB's for Southeast Toyota, looking at whats in port and what's available.

The RS3 prices go all the way up to MSRP $22,784!!!!! :eek: :eek: Good Lord!

I was considering buying one local - but they are listing a $635 Del, Proc, Handling fee. Scion already builds that fee into the car - so they are double charging for it. Plus of course the $399 doc fee.

The most base model they have is $18,197. What the heck happened to Scions advertised website price of $16,880?? If they would drop the BS doc fee and not try to double charge on the delivery, processing, handling fee - I'd buy one.

Pricing*
MSRP
Base $14,830
Options $2,333
Del, Proc & Hndlg $635 -- DOUBLE CHARGED!!
Subtotal $17,798
Documentation Fee $399 -- IT'S CALLED "COST OF DOING BUSINESS"!! Suck it up.
Total $18,197

oh well ... guess not. Now I have a better reason to go get the Saturn Sky instead.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Thats too damn much!! I hope NO ONE is that desperate to have a release series! That is out of control!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Well, I posted this in the other thread. Again, PLEASE do not repost this without asking since it is my car. Thank you.

Anyway, this clearly shows the exact rundown for my car INCLUDING the "destination charge" which is what it costs to bring the car from Portland to Ames, IA. I'm pretty sure that doesn't vary accross the country and is stuck at $540 or whatever. Only extra fees on top of the bottom line are tax (5% here in Iowa), title, license, and our documentation fee of $68.25.

Southeast region is different usually since it's privately owned, but they do have to abide by Pure Price. So they must have those fees posted on their website at least. A dealership can charge whatever they want for a Scion, but they have to post it first!

-Alex

·
Registered
167 Posts
Actually the $16880 price is the base price of the vehicle plus the basic Del/Proc./Hand. fee. That fee is slightly more in the regions that are much further from CA.(SET, GST, etc.) The only difference in the basice price is the difference in the Del fee, $95. The basic price for a manual tranny here (TX)is $16,975.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Just curious GRIZZ ... Does a buyer HAVE to take the options with the green one or is it truly as option???

Kinda wondering if someone could by pass options and get it for the 14 price.

Just curious!! :)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
shoot Jay, a dealership in Bellevue is trying to get me to sell one of theirs. I wonder how far theyll be willing to ship it. They told me its an auto and right around 16500-17000. Its an RS3.0 and theyre looking for an enthusiast to buy it . If you're interested, I can see if theyd be willing to throw it down your way.

Scott

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
Just curious GRIZZ ... Does a buyer HAVE to take the options with the green one or is it truly as option???

Kinda wondering if someone could by pass options and get it for the 14 price.

Just curious!! :)
No, I don't believe that you could do that. The RS items are listed in the accessories section of the inquiry because they are not standard features for that model. However, on an RS3.0 the "SE" package is a forced item and you have to get it.

It would be an interesting experiment to try and remove the SE package from the car at port, but it would be a wierd car to have sitting around and I doubt you could find a dealer that would even try it.

-Alex

·
Registered
167 Posts
We are unable to order the vehicle without the options. They do not make them that way. The color and trim are actually part of the SE package listing. You can order an xB with nothing, but it is not available in the Envy Green.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Id be the ONE in a million who'd buy it with "no options please"!!

Im not getting one bc of the certain options this one is coming with thats why I was curious. Thanks so much!! I beg to differ no one would buy it without the options if it were 14+. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I consider it a "double charge" becuase Scion clearly states on their webpage that $16,880 INCLUDES the delivery and processing fee.

I would buy one (RS3) - but I'm not interested in paying any more than the $16,880. I don't want anything on the car that isn't 'standard' for that model and I don't want to feel like I got taken - even if it's only for a few $100...

Had nothing to do with being cheap - I couldn't be any further from being a cheapskate than if I wanted to be. I'll pay any price for something - if that's what I want and I know it's fair.

I already have a few boxes - among a list of other cars - I don't NEED the car, just "want". If I can't find a dealership that'll sell at the listed price, I'll go without. I may even go out of the area to pick it up (west coast - north east...) .. no big deal. vacation.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Theres one here in LV! ;) Auto, dealer says its just under 17K! So price must be the one you've all listed! :D

ROAD TRIP!!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Pumpkinbox said:
I already have a few boxes - among a list of other cars - I don't NEED the car, just "want". If I can't find a dealership that'll sell at the listed price, I'll go without. I may even go out of the area to pick it up (west coast - north east...) .. no big deal. vacation.

I think Horberg's is still available. At Reliable Scion in Springfield, MO. It's a manual. Sorry, that's the closest I have a good friend to you.

If you're interested, call and ask for Scott Horberg or Darron Cathcart.

-Alex

·
Registered
219 Posts
I understand your concern about elevated prices but it clearly is Scion's way of creating artificial demand vs. supply to squeeze out more sales. If you want the color, you have to take the accesories. If not, someone else will. Don't forget it is a limited series and therefore, like the two previous ones, will be in higher demand than the basic box. I've seen pure pricing go out the window when you are looking to buy a used xB or one in a part of the country where they are less popular like here in the northeast.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
didn't say anything about not wanting the STANDARD accessories (i.e., the RS3 package). That's never been a question.

I'm just not willing to double pay on some fees - consider it a matter of principle I suppose. -

I don't even mind non-standard 'accesories' in ADDITION to the RS# package - if that's what I want and don't feel like bothering with the install myself - such as cruise control.

But (as a side note) if you look at the supply manifest for SET - they have xB's listed in there at almost double the base price - which I understand are probably aimed at monthly payment shoppers... "who cares how much the sticker is - as long as you can get me under $300 a month" (...for 96 months..) LOL

Nope - the ONLY thing that's a 'condition' for me is - you sell it at the corporate website's advertised price - and we have a deal. I'm the worst kinda car buyer - I don't NEED a car.

...I'm really starting to consider keeping the white xB and stripping it down to a shell anyway - paint it something that's never going to come off an assembly line. Something "oh my god!" - don't know what yet though. ... and go ahead and add my own "RS3" package to it .. *cough**cough* Cheap A/V system.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
:eek: Maybe that was directed at me???

I was only asking bc they are listed as "options" and bc everyone knows they can get those things for LESS then what Scion is charging!!! JMO!

I hope the advertisment of what comes it doesn't cause any problems for ppl, everyones going to know the green has a HU and screens! Better run out and get tint! AND a better alarm! JMO! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.