Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I drove the car, and heard a squeeling noise coming from the front wheel. I went back to the warehouse and jacked the front and started to turn the front wheel to find out where the squeel is coming from. brakes are fine, I wiggle the back dust plate and the squeel went away.
does anyone has this squeeling happen before?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Yea my toaster does it all the time. My dad said it's because I don't drive it very much.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably your dad is talking about the pads freezing. but in my case, it sounded like a piece of metal(dust cover) got too close to the rotor and it made a really nasty squeel. I don't know how that happen, if it comes back again, i'll bring it to the dealer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey sid...that happened to me before...it was after i lowered my xB...i thought i screwed something up...but did the same thing you did and it went away...was it with the front passenger side?...cause that's where mine came from

JC

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its the front driver side. yes, more likely a small stone got in somewhere between the disc, the dust shield, or the pads. Our streets here at work were being re-paved and re-coat, so small stone(a lot) and sand keeps sprinkling everytime I drove here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.