Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the problem... I purchased a panasonic 2-din touch screen head unit for the xb about 2 months ago, for the past week every time i get in my car and start it up the screen has lines and static marks going through it and it is annoying as hell, so i brought it to circuit city and when they checked it out, it wasnt doing it anymore, so i was like ok cool, then this morning i start it up and sure enough it is doing it again, then it stopped then started up again, anyone have any idea what is going on, could it be the heat in the car, or is it the unit, i paid too much money for this thing for it to be messing up like it is, and circuit city wont do anything unless they can see the problem..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Was the unit professionally installed? if so, I'd say that the screen on the unit is going bad. Next time it does it, drive it right to your installer/ Circuit City and show it to them. Don't touch the unit, and dont turn the car off when you get there until they see it. Your other option is to take a picture of it with a digital camera and show them that.

·
On here once in a while!
547 Posts
Sounds to me like you are picking up some interference from something, perhaps some wires cause you state this happens everytime you turn on your car. Obviously when you turn your car on, power is running everywhere inside, causing the interference...:rolleyes:
Do you have any high power lines near you or your house?

·
Registered
111 Posts
does it only do it when you start the car in the morning or everytime you start the car. LCD could be cold and it is a liquid display. Or you got a jacked unit that has power spike could be a loose lead in the eternals.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it only does it usually in the morning but then sometimes it does it at night also, so i dont know i think i am just going to take it to circuit city on sunday and tell them to just fix it or give me a new one... either way i want it to stop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.